The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Political leanings of CDC

canuckster19

Political leanings  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Stelar said:

All I want is logical, smart people running government. 

You're **** out of luck.

Those people have real jobs and are too busy working to make ends meet.

Or they are doing so well personally by using those skills that trying to do things in the public sector would be a significant downgrade and they aren't altruistic enough to bother.

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Good point Jazz.

As long as there is some form of hierarchy people will exploit other people.

Which means man will always exploit his brother.  Didn't Kane slew Able?

People are a putrid vat of ick, and politicians are the scum that rises to the top.

I think we (mostly) have read Animal Farm.

13 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I do not believe that to be a fact.

It is the distribution of wealth that is the real problem.

A lot of that can be dealt with by legislation by politicians.

Oh you're not wrong. My quote was just meant to be cheeky haha

Just now, Alflives said:

Which means man will always exploit his brother.  Didn't Kane slew Able?

People are a putrid vat of ick, and politicians are the scum that rises to the top.

I think we (mostly) have read Animal Farm.

Women, though under represented in our parliament, which is a current topic of debate here in Aus, is why I used the word people.

And yes Alf scum rises to the top.

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

It all depends on the issue and how they are classified.  

Does promoting the idea that individuals should help themselves first and foremost, but promoting the notions of charity and selflessness... be considered left/right/up/down?

Have you spoken with any of the "all taxation is theft!" crowd? :lol:

Just now, brownky said:

You're **** out of luck.

Those people have real jobs and are too busy working to make ends meet.

Or they are doing so well personally by using those skills that trying to do things in the public sector would be a significant downgrade and they aren't altruistic enough to bother.

Unfortunately you're totally  correct Brother.

Just now, thejazz97 said:

I'm pretty sure I was a hardcore right-winger the last time we were in Off Topic together, safe to say things have changed :P

More importantly I have always believed you are a good person, I stated that then as I do now.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Women, though under represented in our parliament, which is a current topic of debate here in Aus, is why I used the word people.

And yes Alf scum rises to the top.

I remember reading somewhere about the Natives peoples' of our British Columbia coast not having wars.  It was due, in large part, to the older and wiser women choosing a male chief to represent them in meetings with other tribes.  If these women didn't like the direction of the chief (for example wanting to start a war) the women replaced him.  

There's a picture of the US leaders watching the live feed of bin Laden getting killed.  There were a lot of men (including Obama) watching like they were at a football game.  Then Hillary was there, and she was totally aghast.  

Maybe women should rule?  

Right where I expected it to be, and right where it should be. Somewhat centered Conservatarian with preferences towards small government, low taxes and deregulation. I really don't think that the government has the right to tell anyone what do do, and in most cases, I trust private citizens far more than the government, including private businesses.  

political chart.png

I didn't vote in the poll because, while I am somewhat Libertarian, I most definitely wouldn't call myself a globalist. Far from it, actually. 

3 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I do not believe that to be a fact.

It is the distribution of wealth that is the real problem.

A lot of that can be dealt with by legislation by politicians.

What do you mean by fact?  You are talking about re-distributing by gov't action which as you should know costs money.  You cannot call yourself conservative and in the same breath advocate progressive gov't social policy.  You may support fiscal responsibility but that is a far stretch from conservative.   

Archived