The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tom Wilson suspended 20 games

11 minutes ago, DarkestThought said:

I'm going to miss the days when hockey had edge to it, the hit seemed fine with me, he was gliding and went for a standard hit, he was open and it wasn't very late, just the fact he looked like he was headhunting and came from a distance.. whatever.

Username checks out

20 is too much,  the DOPS WILL NOT be able to keep up this standard.

instead of asking the NHLPA to partake in these decision ( which they should)..  they are creating more bureaucracy with appeals and litigation.

For this..10-12 games, yes.

20?  Next a life time.

Basically solidifies hitting is on its way out in this league. Players will no longer be confident in open ice hits with risk of head being any kind of point of contact. 

No enforcers

No fighting

No open ice hits. 

Sticks will be used as swords soon enough.  

As if hockey hasn't gotten boring enough of late...this will seal its fate even more. 

34 minutes ago, Jaku said:

He's Marchand though. If he hits someone in the head he'll get one and a 5000 dollar fine.

Please don't be obtuse.

The next time Marchand hits someone in the head with say, his elbow; the league will suspend the OTHER player for attempting to injure Marchand's elbow by banging their head against it.:P

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Holy crap! A quarter season. That's steep.

I still call BS on the sham that is the DOPS as they would (and never have) never give their pet project Sharthand this steep of a suspension. He's a repeat, repeat offender who uses his size as an excuse for "defending" himself. Until the dopes at the DOPS show consistency throughout the league, suspension-wise, this is merely making an example of a role player.

Its hard not to see your point Phil. Go back and look at Kardi's hit on Daniel. Tell me thats not the same thing. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its hard not to see your point Phil. Go back and look at Kardi's hit on Daniel. Tell me thats not the same thing. 

Exactly. Didn't even think about this disgusting cheap shot. The league can dole out this mammoth suspension and think that they're sending a message to the players, but until they dole it out consistently to players regardless of their yearly salary or team, this is just another isolated statement made by a horribly managed department of a partisan league. 

Archived