The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) A trade that could really help, but hurt the hearts of us Canuck fans

Gator

Im not going to make a proposal here because I don't have a good track record of making fair proposals. What I am going to suggest will shock some of you, but here it goes. Trading Horvat for a solid defensive prospect. Yeah I know we all love Bo and see him as a future captain but I believe Pettersson, Gaudette, and possibly getting Hughes gives us the flexibility to make such a big trade.

My question is, what young defenceman are out there that would be worth going after by trading our beloved Bo Horvat? And what may we have to add to the deal to get it done?

Trust me I love Bo as much as anyone on here, but I love the Canucks more and if we can make a deal to get us an elite top 4 defence in the near future I think we should look at it.

Some that interest me are:

Dahlin (highly doubt that we could do this)

Provorov

Ekblad

My mind is blank when it comes to top young Dmen that we could target so feel free to add some suggestions lol

12 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Im not going to make a proposal here because I don't have a good track record of making fair proposals. What I am going to suggest will shock some of you, but here it goes. Trading Horvat for a solid defensive prospect. Yeah I know we all love Bo and see him as a future captain but I believe Pettersson, Gaudette, and possibly getting Hughes gives us the flexibility to make such a big trade.

My question is, what young defenceman are out there that would be worth going after by trading our beloved Bo Horvat? And what may we have to add to the deal to get it done?

Trust me I love Bo as much as anyone on here, but I love the Canucks more and if we can make a deal to get us an elite top 4 defence in the near future I think we should look at it.

Provorov

Ekblad

My mind is blank when it comes to top young Dmen that we could target so feel free to add some suggestions lol

No way anybody gives up a provorov level young dman for horvat.

Hard pass. Horvat is an amazing young player, but he is not one of the elite young players of the game. For us to get enough value for Horvat, it would require us returning an elite defensive prospect. I don't think Horvat would be able to return the type of value that we would need for loosing him as part of our future core. In my opinion horvat is worth more then the sum of all parts. While he is not elite in the typical sense of the word, he is an incredibly important piece of the cog moving forward.

Also this should be in arm chair gm, not here.

I remember when Bo was coming up here in London and watching him and thinking man the Canucks could reallly use a guy like this. Heart and sole, gets better in playoffs. I never at the time thought we would get him as we were too good a team, just lacking this type of guy. A potential Kessler without the malodorous ooze. 

‘Don’t trade Bo. If you are trying to build a championship team you need guys like this as well as the Hugheses and Petterssons.  

starting his 5th season , and just the other day he was the one player who talked about the video game ban ,not knowing if he on his own and proposed this ,or just took it upon himself to talk to media about ,its either one or both , showing leadership, also he has played with most of the old guard  , He wants to be the one to lead the way, So he clearly wants to be here.Thats the way I see things, So big NO. 

1 hour ago, ftmN said:

My first thought would be Werenski, but I'm not sure if Columbus would do a straight 1 for 1 swap and I would rather a RHD. So Jones for Horvat?

They probably say no to that deal honestly. Dubois is Horvat with a slightly higher ceiling. Wennberg is a really good 2nd line center. And their bottom 6 centers are also really solid so I see no reason why Columbus would trade for another center.

No. If the Canucks do finish at the bottom of the league, somehow win the draft lottery and draft Jack Hughes... Have Jack and Bo as the top 2 centers... Even if that scenario doesn't play out and the Canucks have Elias-Bo as the 1 and 2. Having good centers is so essential in the league trading Bo would be detrimental. 

1 hour ago, Brock Botanen said:

Provorov

Ekblad

Had to +1 ya just for the honesty.

2 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Provorov

Ekblad

I guess if we want more of the same for the last 24 years of this teams existence then I guess it would be OK to trade him. Who needs a player that could lead your team to a championship anyway. 

Would you trade Toews? Yzerman? Linden? Oh.....never mind on that last one...….we actually did that. ::D

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:
2 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Provorov

Ekblad

I cant believe this is even a thought. The first game of the year ,he wasn't dominate and the entire line seemed invisable and up comes non sense like this. Typical. 

Archived