The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Free to all Muslim conference in Toronto kicking out Christians and Jews

RottenCanuck22

9 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I have to agree with Alf here.  

They didn’t get let in because they were obviously there to cause $&!#.   

Boo hoo to your discrimination bs.  

You want to talk about race discrimination?    I’m a half black man who grew up near calgary.  

Not a single Muslim every treated me wrong, but guess who did........

you cant birch about one side, then completely ignore the other.  

We we are all $&!#ty people no matter what colour or religion, and the sooner we figure that out the better.   

I have seen you bring up this half black argument a few times while generalizing white people when you make this argument. I'm a card carrying first nation individual but I look white and I have been discriminated against by asians in Richmond, blacks in Florida, natives in BC and by Indians in Surrey. I understand what you're getting at but you generalize when you make that argument. You also seem to downplay this because your situation may have been worse. 

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

oh come on. You know better, the bible is one freaky document too. Lots of weird stuff to go around with all religions. 

The problem with dumb videos like this that stage manufactured outrage is it just lowers the bar for proper debate of ideas. 

That's my major issue here. There's a legitimate conversation to be had about this convention but with the way Goldy is lying about what happened (and thanks to people like the OP who won't just go along with it, but add their own layer of bull$&!# to it) that conversation will never happen. 

14 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I have to agree with Alf here.  

They didn’t get let in because they were obviously there to cause $&!#.   

Boo hoo to your discrimination bs.  

You want to talk about race discrimination?    I’m a half black man who grew up near calgary.  

Not a single Muslim every treated me wrong, but guess who did........

you cant birch about one side, then completely ignore the other.  

We we are all $&!#ty people no matter what colour or religion, and the sooner we figure that out the better.   

I'm sorry you went through that, and I'm sure that many people have experienced racism in Canada, I have as a white person. No, I'm not joking, just stating facts. The point was not for me to re-direct the conversation towards myself, but to agree with those who feel racism is alive and well in Canada. 

I don't have the solution, other than calling it out when I hear it in public. Anecdote time: the other day I stopped for a few pints at the local shytehole. This one is typically round tabled (verb) by older white folk (50's-60's +), and the last time I was there one of them piped up about how proud they were about telling "Asian people" to &^@# off, how much they disliked them all in general, and about how the cops are doing a bang up job getting as many off the streets as possible. 

Now, I'm not too crazy about generalizations, but I definitely have some of my own, that did not, mind you, prevent me from piping up as the "recent addition" to the clique with a "what the &^@# did you just say?"

The embarassing look on some of their faces was priceless, all except the one who made the original comment. Justification! Explanation! 

The sooner some of these old racist folk die the better off we'll all be, just so long as they don't reproduce and spread their hate. 

The importance of calling out racism in public is under-rated, and does much more than any attempt at doing so on social media accomplishes; the irony of which is not lost on me.

If people want to have a legitimate conversation about discrimination perpetrated by the Muslim community in Canada, so be it. I'm sure there are actual examples - there are in all all people groups. No one is perfect. But your leading evidence being Rebel Media is surefire grounds for not being taken seriously. As others have said, there are so many examples of discrimination across the board for all religions, races, and minority groups, we don't need sensationalized non-stories to be made up by fringe "entertainment" groups like Rebel Media. 

@Ryan Strome - If your goal is to get people to see your perspective, you'd be better served not trying to do so by taking the side of Rebel Media. Nothing they say can be taken at face value when their leader has had multiple cases of libel successfully litigated against him. Defamation is one of the more difficult torts to establish, yet the guy has lost time after time.

24 minutes ago, Fateless said:

If people want to have a legitimate conversation about discrimination perpetrated by the Muslim community in Canada, so be it. I'm sure there are actual examples - there are in all all people groups. No one is perfect. But your leading evidence being Rebel Media is surefire grounds for not being taken seriously. As others have said, there are so many examples of discrimination across the board for all religions, races, and minority groups, we don't need sensationalized non-stories to be made up by fringe "entertainment" groups like Rebel Media. 

@Ryan Strome - If your goal is to get people to see your perspective, you'd be better served not trying to do so by taking the side of Rebel Media. Nothing they say can be taken at face value when their leader has had multiple cases of libel successfully litigated against him. Defamation is one of the more difficult torts to establish, yet the guy has lost time after time.

I haven't taken the side of rebel media, I have never seen rebel media either.

11 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

There's better investigative journalism in this thread than what I assume is in that video that was obviously biased/staged before I even opened the thread.

The moment they referred to themselves as investigative journalists I was done.  Lasted 11 seconds in to the video.  Still wacthed it because it was like a train wreck...or an Ottawa Montreal game

I'm closing this because of the click-bait/misleading title for the thread and the original post which is lacking in substance. The discourse in this thread has been just fine though among everyone and the topic of discrimination isn't off limits. It just needs to be presented in a better way.

Archived