ForzaTikare

[Speculation] William Nylander to Vancouver?

44 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Tavares was the domino. Nylander hasn't signed cause he knows he is the first to get traded when cap troubles come round and they will come round. Easy 22+mil will be spent on Tavares and Matthews alone. Marner by many is considered 8+ mil. Nylander at best is 6.5-7mil. That's almost 40mil in 4 players for a team that is already hurting on the blueline. Andersen will ask for 6-7mil very likely. Rielly gonna get paid soon. 

Sure. This I can agree with.

I'm also sure we agree that the $&!#storm of cap hell about to hit Toronto will be wildly entertaining to witness from a distance. 

Laughing.

Hysterically.

Toronto needs Tanev from us. Tanev & Granlund for Nylander & Leivo?

we can then try to make a move for a D by moving a F like Goldobin or maybe Baertschi?

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Great, and they can head right down to the beach and start pounding.  Leaf blowers should rightly be getting nervous about what's happening and the impending deadline.  But they're "the best franchise in pro sports" so it's doubtful.

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why would any team give up a star player, who plays the game the right way, for a guy who is a soft muffin?  60 points and soft is not a good player.  That's why the Leafs are refusing to pay the Fop.  If the Fop played the right way, and still put up 60 points, he would be valuable.  He's not.  

60 points with a very high ceiling. Calling a young kid soft early in his career is a bit premature I think.

Also it's not so much as giving up a star player for Nylander it's because that is all Vancouver offer to Toronto. Besides the three I mentioned I don't think there are any pieces Toronto would want to give away Nylander.  

I am sure other teams with depth can get Nylander by giving up pieces and not their star players but Vancouver has no such depth at the moment

19 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Any team should know that they will never get a price tag like that on a player who they need to move. It just doesn't happen. 

Well it's only that they need to move him but I am sure Nylander can cause a bidding war that will raise his trade value.

Let's not pretend that Nylander can be had by trading Gudbranson, Goldobin, and Lind. Maybe in NHL 16 when Gudbranson had a ridiculously high trade value with elite potential but not now.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

60 points with a very high ceiling. Calling a young kid soft early in his career is a bit premature I think.

Also it's not so much as giving up a star player for Nylander it's because that is all Vancouver offer to Toronto. Besides the three I mentioned I don't think there are any pieces Toronto would want to give away Nylander.  

I am sure other teams with depth can get Nylander by giving up pieces and not their star players but Vancouver has no such depth at the moment

Well it's only that they need to move him but I am sure Nylander can cause a bidding war that will raise his trade value.

Let's not pretend that Nylander can be had by trading Gudbranson, Goldobin, and Lind. Maybe in NHL 16 when Gudbranson had a ridiculously high trade value with elite potential but not now.

A common theme we experience on this forum is that there tend to be a gap between how fans value a player vs how other teams' GM value the same player.

The question then is how do other teams' GM value Nylander? How does his value compare to other teams' top forwards? How does his value stack up against young talented D which is difficult to find and teams are generally speaking reluctant to give up?

I would not be surprised if Toronto gets fair market value or higher for Nylander. However, I also anticipate that it is possible that a Nylander trade would only return a modest D talent with additional picks and players. 

I think the strongest offer Vancouver would be willing to attempt is their top D pairing of Edler AND Tanev. This is of course doable only if Toronto wants to go all in this year before Marner and Matthews sign new contracts. 

• Confused 1

On 11/18/2018 at 6:11 PM, hammertime said:

I never said call him up now. 

Guess I'm that stupid guy who believes in our prospects ability to grow as a player. Were you expecting him to set the world on fire in his first 11 games as a pro?

I have watched Gadjovich live in Penticton against the Jets prospects as well as tuning into Utica games a couple times a month. He has a long ways to go to be an NHLer as I said maybe some ECHL time wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm still putting my money on him making it. He has a skillset the Canucks woefully lack the ability to own the 10 feet around the crease. 

Oh and where did he score that 1st goal as a pro?

Give him a few years to mature into his body. He's a tank. 

Yeah. Give him a few years. You posted like you want to call him up now?

I like Gadjovich. No way he gets called up now...he needs to continue to grow. You are the one that had the weird "bring him up" post.  :wacko::wacko:

Edit: my apologies then. The way I read your first post insinuated to me you wanted him up now. That would be stupid. Hoping he develops well over the next few years and then hopefully up??? I totally agree with you.

My bad.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

14 hours ago, iinatcc said:

It would be more than that... but quite probably not enough for Leads fans to think they got anywhere near market value.

The entire return depends on Nylander’s contract demands.  Is he really reticent to sign in Toronto just because of the likelihood of him being a cap casualty?  Does he really think he is going to get $8 million?

Any team that intends on giving up assets is going to want that contract number and term nailed down before a trade.  An unsigned Nylander doesn’t have that much value.  Nylander At $8 million makes a lot of teams take a pass.  A Nylander willing to sign a $6.5 cap hit is worth a lot.

On 11/19/2018 at 1:32 PM, VIC_CITY said:

When JB pulls the trigger, we'll start a go fund me account for Alf's new William Nylander jersey. I got 5 on it :lol:

yeah but it better be pink

with a lovely flamingo as the crest

then you can mark me down for a 10 spot

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-11-19 at 1:32 PM, VIC_CITY said:

When JB pulls the trigger, we'll start a go fund me account for Alf's new William Nylander jersey. I got 5 on it :lol:

I am in if it can be guaranteed that he has to wear it once per week and use it as his profile picture on here.

• Hydration 1

Am i the only one who thinks nylander isnt worth the hype?

Anyone that would sit out this long is playing for the wrong reasons

I want no part of him

• Upvote 1

Definitely the wrong reasons, and we all know all about them.

Just like (to name a few):

- Ken Dryden

- Steve Larmer

- Paul Coffey

- Jonathan Drouin

- Keith Primeau

- P.K. Subban

- Ryan Johansen

- Drew Doughty

- Michael Peca (oh, wait...)

- Mark Messier (hm....)

- Pavel Bure (ok, now...)

Wanted no part of any of those players either ;-)

3 hours ago, Blackberries said:

Am i the only one who thinks nylander isnt worth the hype?

Anyone that would sit out this long is playing for the wrong reasons

I want no part of him

No, it's pretty much universally accepted he's not as good as the hype says. He's worth Pastrnak dollars at most, he's a good second line guy ala Phil the Thrill. Toronto media/fans hyping up his potential hoping to get a massive return on him. But for the most part pretty much everyone knows what he's really about.

3 hours ago, J-P said:

Definitely the wrong reasons, and we all know all about them.

Just like (to name a few):

- Ken Dryden

- Steve Larmer

- Paul Coffey

- Jonathan Drouin

- Keith Primeau

- P.K. Subban

- Ryan Johansen

- Drew Doughty

- Michael Peca (oh, wait...)

- Mark Messier (hm....)

- Pavel Bure (ok, now...)

Wanted no part of any of those players either ;-)

For the most part all those players had already established that their market value was warranted

Theres no way this comparison is warranted in such a small sample size and theres no way nylander is better than marner matthews or tavares.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Blackberries said:

For the most part all those players had already established that their market value was warranted

Theres no way this comparison is warranted in such a small sample size and theres no way nylander is better than marner matthews or tavares.

Already covered that nylander is easily comparable to marner if not better based off of zone starts vs toi

47 minutes ago, Nice guy eddy said:

I think there’s a date soon that if nothing gets done by, then he can’t play for rest of season, any one know this date?

December 1st

I'd offer them Tavev, Baertschi and a 2nd round pick on November 30.  Take it or leave it.  If they take it I'd call up Dahlen and play the 3 Swedes together and move Goldobin with Horvat and Boeser...

• Upvote 1