The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

On 10/26/2018 at 6:52 AM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

My point is that +/- without any interpretation is absolute garbage. Plugs on playoff teams are pluses, stars on bottom teams are minuses. It literally means nothing.

I’ve felt for years that, amongst fans, a horrible +\- for a player they like is a meaningless stat that doesn’t tell the entire story. It’s not his fault. But, a horrible one for a guy they don’t like, well, that just about sums him up completely then, and, let’s just get rid of the bum anyways. Totally subjective. 

That said, I’m fairly objective about it when it comes to my Fantasy teams. It’s rare that I’ll keep ANY player in the minus, regardless WHO it is. A guy has to be of a certain stature and with a proven overall track record of stellar performance for me to tolerate anything worse than a zero for very long. I even dumped Boeser last season because of that just before he got hurt. 

5 hours ago, lmm said:

some how I turned the injury thread into a +/- thread.

I'm sorry

Maybe one of the mods could create a new thread "The pluses and minuses of the +/- stat"  and move the relevant posts over, thus tidying up nicely

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Del Zotto looked average again last night.  I wonder if it's time to call up Juolevi.  Does anyone know how he's doing in Utica?  I can't see him being any worse than Del Zotto.

He looked slower than usual - prolly the weight of the "A" on his chest

Brisebois has been playing better than OJ, hence the call up.  Would be nice to see him get a game or 2 while he is here.

On 10/27/2018 at 2:11 AM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Erik Karlsson, top 3 dman in this league the last 7 years, is a career minus player. That took me 1 google search based off of a hunch. I can start digging whenever you want. 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leaders/plus_minus_career.html

Shutt Gretzky Lafleur

Makita Clarke Bossy

Ramsey Trottier Jagr

Barber Lemaire Kurri

Robinson Orr

Bourque Savard

Potvin Lidstrom

Here is my team, how you making out with yours?

18 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Del Zotto looked average again last night.  I wonder if it's time to call up Juolevi.  Does anyone know how he's doing in Utica?  I can't see him being any worse than Del Zotto.

Sometimes it's also about what's best for a player's development and not the needs of a team with catastrophic injuries, who one kid isn't going to help. 

MDZ can shoulder all the hate of playing above his head in the injury fueled tire fire. No need to put OJ through that and stunt his development. 

21 hours ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

I've said it forever- injury prone players never stop being injury prone.

Gaborik, demitra, tim Connelly, edler, tanev, havlat,dipietro,lindross,sami salo. For most of these guys it wasn't even the same nagging injury, it was a different injury every time.

that's why they need to move Tanev

On 28/10/2018 at 12:25 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

looked fine to me.  A few gaffs, but always plays physical.  I had, and have, no issues with MDZ, but I also have no allusions to what he brings, or where he fits in.

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

that's why they need to move Tanev

Sadly, if he can't stay healthy, we won't be getting much for him.

I don't think he has any plans to re-sign either...the sooner we can get a decent return in futures on him, the better IMO.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Sadly, if he can't stay healthy, we won't be getting much for him.

I don't think he has any plans to re-sign either...the sooner we can get a decent return in futures on him, the better IMO.

I think they`ll still get a decent return, especially if they look at injury history and see that they were freak, albeit frequent, occurrences.  He doesn`t have a history of a recurring injury or anything.  Still, I agree, it has diminished his value somewhat.

Archived