The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

2 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

If he’s week to week he’s back before Christmas.   If he’s out until Christmas then it’s a 4-6 week thing. 

Kind of what I am saying. Week to week, could be 3, meaning mid December. If he is out that long just shelf him until the New Year. It will only help his health and we arent going to lose the President's trophy over it. 

4 minutes ago, 406in604 said:

Kind of what I am saying. Week to week, could be 3, meaning mid December. If he is out that long just shelf him until the New Year. It will only help his health and we arent going to lose the President's trophy over it. 

you don't hold a player out of the lineup if he isn't injured anymore and can play

Here’s my personal take.

team is actually not a bad team paper. Our current line up is not the actual line up.

losing Sutter,Beagle,Boeser,Edler,Baertchi really hurt.

our centre depth has taken a hit , as Horvat and pettersson has to do their best to make up for the loss offence at the loss of boeser, baertchi, at the same time having to make up some additional work load at the loss of our other 2 key centres in Sutter and Beagle.  

Our power play last year ran through Boeser and Edler, our power play will run through them and without them we don’t have a power play and it clearly shows.  Teams know Pouliot can’t do jack $&!#, and they will zero in on pettersson.

very sad we’ve been hit with so many unfortunate injuries. 

I’m feeling Baertschi is having a little payed holiday, the guy skated off on his own & the hit looked no where near as bad as EP’s , it’s just every year this guy & if Boeser is working out the guy should be skating & groin pulls aren’t as bad as the Medea let off , I’ve pulled mine plenty & all as I got was a get back to work & that’s when I was a 30 yo beer drinking smoker , these guys are early 20’s & hybrid athletes, or maybe they need new trainers cause this stuff is to often. 

The team doesn't have a roster problem, as much as an injury problem. If they are healthy the Canucks can hang with any team in the league.

Long term speaking, we can never win the Presidents Trophy/Cup Run until the injury problem is solved. We can have the greatest team in the world and if 8-9 major players are missing for large chunks of the season we can't win. The cap prevents us from stacking too many players on one team.

2 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

They rest him until he is healthy and then play him. They don't keep resting a player even after he is ready. That is idiotic.

Lots of players can play through pain eg. as Brock was. However, he obviously wasn't ready. So, letting him sit extra, even though he could play through pain would be a  better idea and not at all idiotic. 

20 minutes ago, jmahyoung said:

The team doesn't have a roster problem, as much as an injury problem. If they are healthy the Canucks can hang with any team in the league.

Long term speaking, we can never win the Presidents Trophy/Cup Run until the injury problem is solved. We can have the greatest team in the world and if 8-9 major players are missing for large chunks of the season we can't win. The cap prevents us from stacking too many players on one team.

When your team is near the top of mans games lost each year, when do you start looking at health and strength coaches if its issues like groins?

1 hour ago, Nice guy eddy said:

I’m feeling Baertschi is having a little payed holiday, the guy skated off on his own & the hit looked no where near as bad as EP’s , it’s just every year this guy & if Boeser is working out the guy should be skating & groin pulls aren’t as bad as the Medea let off , I’ve pulled mine plenty & all as I got was a get back to work & that’s when I was a 30 yo beer drinking smoker , these guys are early 20’s & hybrid athletes, or maybe they need new trainers cause this stuff is to often. 

He has had multiple concussions - each time it's longer to come back from.  Several players have seen their career ended on concussions and have lasting effects.  Keith Ballard was not even able to be in the same room as his new born son for several months and symptoms lasted for over a year - it was his 5th registered concussion that ended his career.  A concussion is not a simple headache but a swelling of the brain.  It's lack of balance, dizziness, blurry vision, lack of focus, etc.  How can you expect someone to play hockey if their hand-eye coordination is out of whack and are unable to focus on what they are doing.  He took an elbow to the head.  It's like a bruise - it doesn't just appear at the exact moment of impact.

They all want to play.  If they are not in the lineup is that they have not been cleared to play.

13 minutes ago, mll said:

He has had multiple concussions - each time it's longer to come back from.  Several players have seen their career ended on concussions and have lasting effects.  Keith Ballard was not even able to be in the same room as his new born son for several months and symptoms lasted for over a year - it was his 5th registered concussion that ended his career.  A concussion is not a simple headache but a swelling of the brain.  It's lack of balance, dizziness, blurry vision, lack of focus, etc.  How can you expect someone to play hockey if their hand-eye coordination is out of whack and are unable to focus on what they are doing.  He took an elbow to the head.  It's like a bruise - it doesn't just appear at the exact moment of impact.

They all want to play.  If they are not in the lineup is that they have not been cleared to play.

Well when u put it like that , did not realize he’s had a couple , thought it was his jaw last year , then didn’t he have a bone bruise one year that kept him out either way something has to change , maybe all that off season training wears out there joints or who knows maybe it’s the water but to many injuries every year & it’s always the better players, it’s just fishy that’s all .

1 minute ago, Nice guy eddy said:

Well when u put it like that , did not realize he’s had a couple , thought it was his jaw last year , then didn’t he have a bone bruise one year that kept him out either way something has to change , maybe all that off season training wears out there joints or who knows maybe it’s the water but to many injuries every year & it’s always the better players, it’s just fishy that’s all .

It was Boeser that had a bone bruise on his foot.  These guys are really tough.  They try to play through everything. 

Maybe hire 3 of the best sports doctors you can find. Review everything the Canucks are doing. See if anything can be done to improve players health, and recovery times. Because this isn't an isolated incident. It's been ongoing for the past few years. It's hard to compete when your best players are on the IR. 

Archived