The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

11 hours ago, bree2 said:

why are the fans not kept informed on when the injured players are getting close to coming back, I feel it is the coaches job to inform the fans and the media.  I hate that it is such a big secret with the Canuck org.  

It's a secret for any team. The less that gets out to the public the less opposing teams can be ready for. This has zero to do with the fans. 

14 hours ago, mll said:

It was Boeser that had a bone bruise on his foot.  These guys are really tough.  They try to play through everything. 

I get it some times it’s the little things to right , of all the injuries in my life it was a sprained toe that side lined me for a week, but a bone bruise come on what the hell is that , it’s these damn MRI’s they pick up every thing 20 years ago real tough guys played through that stuff ,I’m in agreement on the head injurie protacal, but little nicks & bruises , get out there man & this whole extra cautiousness is weak , I’m sure these guys with the exception of head injuries are ready to go probably 7-10 days before they play again & they leave us in the dark like it’s a big secret, meanwhile us fans fork out our hard earned $ to watch beer league call ups , these guys need to realize who pays there friken salary , no fans no team easy math & now I’m hearing Rusele is out & Tanev may be our again so I’m pretty sure this team needs some change somewhere.

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe hire 3 of the best sports doctors you can find. Review everything the Canucks are doing. See if anything can be done to improve players health, and recovery times. Because this isn't an isolated incident. It's been ongoing for the past few years. It's hard to compete when your best players are on the IR. 

Been a problem ever since they dumped the hyperbaric chamber.

Remember Bure's first knee injury?  Meds said he would be out 4 - 6 weeks.  He practically lived in that chamber - several hours a day, and was skating after 2 and playing full tilt after 3 weeks

https://www.si.com/vault/1994/12/26/106787485/mending-under-pressure

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe hire 3 of the best sports doctors you can find. Review everything the Canucks are doing. See if anything can be done to improve players health, and recovery times. Because this isn't an isolated incident. It's been ongoing for the past few years. It's hard to compete when your best players are on the IR. 

See someone knows , it’s true right there needs to be a medical & trainers shake up . I hate to say it but I’m think’n Boeser is one of those guys who’s career will be littered with injuries 

1 minute ago, Nice guy eddy said:

See someone knows , it’s true right there needs to be a medical & trainers shake up . I hate to say it but I’m think’n Boeser is one of those guys who’s career will be littered with injuries 

They've shaken up the medical staff some 3 years ago.  They brought in Rick Celebrini to lead the human performance department - he just got poached away by the Golden State Warriors.  Canucks want to be cutting edge in all aspects of human performance - training, recovery, medical treatment.  They invest a lot in that department because the players are their assets.  They too don't want them sidelined.  They also don't want them to aggravate injuries and then be out significantly longer.  

1 hour ago, Nice guy eddy said:

I get it some times it’s the little things to right , of all the injuries in my life it was a sprained toe that side lined me for a week, but a bone bruise come on what the hell is that , it’s these damn MRI’s they pick up every thing 20 years ago real tough guys played through that stuff ,I’m in agreement on the head injurie protacal, but little nicks & bruises , get out there man & this whole extra cautiousness is weak , I’m sure these guys with the exception of head injuries are ready to go probably 7-10 days before they play again & they leave us in the dark like it’s a big secret, meanwhile us fans fork out our hard earned $ to watch beer league call ups , these guys need to realize who pays there friken salary , no fans no team easy math & now I’m hearing Rusele is out & Tanev may be our again so I’m pretty sure this team needs some change somewhere.

I would have been ecstatic to have one of those play on any team I played on in the GVHL, Gregg Boddy did come out for a skate way back when.

Interesting that I was out for dinner 2 weeks ago at blue water cafe (owned by Aquillini) and while we were there Sutter had dinner with family and friends then baertschi came later and  had dinner with his wife and friends. (There's a Canuck players table there). 

Sutter obviously banged up with brace on and arm in sling.  He looked a long way off from playing. Baertschi looked good though.  Smiling and laughing and having drinks. Time to get back playing Baer the team needs you!

6 hours ago, mll said:

They've shaken up the medical staff some 3 years ago.  They brought in Rick Celebrini to lead the human performance department - he just got poached away by the Golden State Warriors.  Canucks want to be cutting edge in all aspects of human performance - training, recovery, medical treatment.  They invest a lot in that department because the players are their assets.  They too don't want them sidelined.  They also don't want them to aggravate injuries and then be out significantly longer.  

I gather that it just seems they take the whole off season & there hurt right away , this team can rest there injurie pronged guys for 2years if they want & dollars to donuts they’ll be sidelined almost right away. I get once your on the ice you play all out maybe don’t have you  top guys block’n Shots or if you got a history of back shoulder knee problems, try your best to stay out of situations that could put you out for weeks or months , like maybe don’t block a shot late in a Monday night sleeper against Arizona, in a game you’re up 6-2 , just stuff like that oh Boeser blockes the shot pucks outa play , oh no Boeser is sill down he needs help off the ice , how many times have we heard Shorthouse say that , it’s get’n old 

5 hours ago, johngould21 said:

I would have been ecstatic to have one of those play on any team I played on in the GVHL, Gregg Boddy did come out for a skate way back when.

I heard lanny McDonald use to make the odd beer league appearance I think a lot of those old nhl alumni do , but I think you know what I was getting at 

1 hour ago, Nice guy eddy said:

I heard lanny McDonald use to make the odd beer league appearance I think a lot of those old nhl alumni do , but I think you know what I was getting at 

Actually, no I don't. You do realize the Canucks travel probably the 3rd or 4th most of all the teams in the NHL. This year has been compounded more, by the fact that their schedule is compressed due to the World Junior's in Vancouver and Victoria during the Christmas holidays. Is there any wonder they aren't fatigued, injured, and yet fans like you are blaming the training staff. These kids are highly trained athletes, the top players of their game in the World. No amount of money, training staff changes, or as you say, if you have a shoulder problem, lay off. That's not how the game is played at this level. Their careers would be very short if they did.

Im hoping Boeser plays on Wedneday! Last year wife and I drove up to Anaheim and noBoeser!! was only reason I went to the game talk about a dud of a game last year to losing 3-0

This year taking my step son up for his first ever NHL game, he loves whitecaps games so I think we are safe!  btw Honda center is such anice stadium

59 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Being the Canucks best Dman and being a top Dman are on separate spectrums.

They are, but we only have what we have and Edler is one of our best, so it will be a big boost to the club to get him back. He helps out in all areas. But most importantly, he'll push guys down the lineup that we're playing over their heads in his absence.

If all goes well, we should have Edler, Boeser, Baertschi and Nilsson all back within a week or so. That will be huge.

Archived