The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

With the lineup healthy, there is one big injury happening and that is to a top 5 lottery pick.   Obviously happy for the boys to be getting some on ice success in spite of November but really hoped they could snag one more blue chipper in June. 

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

With the lineup healthy, there is one big injury happening and that is to a top 5 lottery pick.   Obviously happy for the boys to be getting some on ice success in spite of November but really hoped they could snag one more blue chipper in June. 

there's a lot of hockey left.. :bigblush:

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Brock was drafted at 23. Always, the possibility to trade up, as well. 

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That's what worries me.   They seem to be playing better not worse.

there always seem to be guys in that 14-20 pick range that surprise everyone. McAvoy, Barzal, Chabot e.g.

We don't need top 5 luck, we need middle 1st round draft luck which I have some faith that Benning and his scouts can find. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

there always seem to be guys in that 14-20 pick range that surprise everyone. McAvoy, Barzal, Chabot e.g.

We don't need top 5 luck, we need middle 1st round draft luck which I have some faith that Benning and his scouts can find. 

Perhaps - would rather have statistical advantage but no question it isn't an exact science.   I do like the fact the team is learning to win even when it plays like crap - they were all too good at the lesson of how to play really well but lose so perhaps this is a year to learn all of the big picture stuff and then to move forward and grow over the next few with this being the corner-turned year.

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Perhaps - would rather have statistical advantage but no question it isn't an exact science.   I do like the fact the team is learning to win even when it plays like crap - they were all too good at the lesson of how to play really well but lose so perhaps this is a year to learn all of the big picture stuff and then to move forward and grow over the next few with this being the corner-turned year.

for sure lets increase the odds if at all possible, but look at Boston e.g., they're competitive with most of their talent being picked well below top 5. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived