The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

3 hours ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

Hope he's able to come back from this. After 5 concussions and now this, you have to think he's wondering, what happens if he gets one more and is it worth it.

As much as I'd like him to come back, I'm not sure its a good idea for him to come back. Not if its taking him that long to heal from these.

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hope he's able to come back from this. After 5 concussions and now this, you have to think he's wondering, what happens if he gets one more and is it worth it.

As much as I'd like him to come back, I'm not sure its a good idea for him to come back. Not if its taking him that long to heal from these.

They should shut him down for the year worked wonders for Crosby. 

He got sent back to Vancouver because of the flu. We all knew that was BS and it was a concussion but nobody wanted to admit it.

I feel sorry for Baertschi.  This is a life changing event for him and his family, especially considering they are expecting their first child.  He needs to think of his family first and make the tough decision to retire.  He has enough money to take care of his family as his contract is insured.

Best of luck my friend... 

18 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Sure feels like the end of the line for Sven. Why risk it? Hang em up. Take on a new role in the organization.

17 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He got sent back to Vancouver because of the flu. We all knew that was BS and it was a concussion but nobody wanted to admit it.

I feel sorry for Baertschi.  This is a life changing event for him and his family, especially considering they are expecting their first child.  He needs to think of his family first and make the tough decision to retire.  He has enough money to take care of his family as his contract is insured.

Best of luck my friend... 

Just needs to shut down for the year and come back next season. Just like Crosby did. 

But of course CDC blows it out of proportion to make a mountain of a molehill. 

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Just needs to shut down for the year and come back next season. Just like Crosby did. 

But of course CDC blows it out of proportion to make a mountain of a molehill. 

Yes I agree, he needs to shut it down for at least a year to re-evaluate.  Every concussion is different, so if Crosby came back fine it doesn't necessarily mean Baer will be in the same state.  He received two concussions this year, that's not good.  The last one we didn't even see, it may have just been an innocent play along the boards or in front of the net.

At the very least he needs to shut it down for next year and go from there.  Hopefully he is able to resume his career at some point but I have my doubts...

Great news regarding Eagle! That’s my boy; a true warrior. That fall and all the blood afterwards was truly frightening. Glad he avoided serious injury.

Sucks for Baer though. I’m no doctor, but concussions are no joke. I’ve had one and it is scary. I’d say it’s best to shut him down for the rest of the year to recover but given that this is his fourth/fifth concussion already it might be a good idea to think about his career being done. Health and family come first, especially considering he’s newly married and going to have a baby soon. 

My thoughts are with you and your family,  Baer. 

15 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Sucks for Baer though. I’m no doctor, but concussions are no joke. I’ve had one and it is scary. I’d say it’s best to shut him down for the rest of the year to recover but given that this is his fourth/fifth concussion already it might be a good idea to think about his career being done. Health and family come first, especially considering he’s newly married and going to have a baby soon. 

The last 3 have been marginal hits, not really that hard and the" next one" is easier and more severe.

I wonder if a player was injured in the last game and they are keeping it under wraps.

They called McEwen up around 2 hours after the last game, maybe Motte?

It is just a strange time for a planned callup, 11:30 PM PT, 2:30 AM ET.

More like an hour and a bit after the game.

Vancouver Canucks Retweeted

nejHUM5Y_bigger.jpg AHLVerified account @TheAHL 1h1 hour ago
More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet
  • Mute @TheAHL
  • Unmute @TheAHL
  • Block @TheAHL
  • Unblock @TheAHL
  • Report Tweet
  • I don't like this Tweet
  •  
  • Add to other Moment
  • Add to new Moment

When @UticaComets forward Zack MacEwen got called up to the @Canucks, he was ecstatic - but when you get the call at 2 in the morning, it's hard to share the news with anybody. → https://yhoo.it/2GCAJJl pic.twitter.com/jDEeGnLAS0

DzIohcTXgAAsyUz.jpg
0 replies 3 retweets

Injury or illness?

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The last 3 have been marginal hits, not really that hard and the" next one" is easier and more severe.

I wonder if a player was injured in the last game and they are keeping it under wraps.

They called McEwen up around 2 hours after the last game, maybe Motte?

It is just a strange time for a planned callup, 11:30 PM PT, 2:30 AM ET.

More like an hour and a bit after the game.

Vancouver Canucks Retweeted

nejHUM5Y_bigger.jpg AHLVerified account @TheAHL 1h1 hour ago
More

• Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet
  • Mute @TheAHL
  • Unmute @TheAHL
  • Block @TheAHL
  • Unblock @TheAHL
  • Report Tweet
  • I don't like this Tweet
  •  
  • Add to other Moment
  • Add to new Moment

When @UticaComets forward Zack MacEwen got called up to the @Canucks, he was ecstatic - but when you get the call at 2 in the morning, it's hard to share the news with anybody. → https://yhoo.it/2GCAJJl pic.twitter.com/jDEeGnLAS0

DzIohcTXgAAsyUz.jpg
0 replies 3 retweets

Injury or illness?

Open roster spot because of Baertschi. 

Archived