The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

On 2/16/2019 at 6:55 PM, MikeyBoy44 said:

It was definitely interference. However the video clearly shows the hit part was fine. No suspension needed. Penalty was enough. Getzlaf should have been taken care of by someone on the team, but that's not the league's problem.

gudbranson fought him.  let it go.

On 2/15/2019 at 5:16 PM, luckylager said:

Looking forward to Jake absolutely destroying Getzlaf, then Perry, the next time we see Ana (if Jake's back by then).

Hope he hits Getz so hard, his helmet flies off

Sorry to Disappoint, but Virtanen is not who you think he is. He wont be destroying anyone. He will skate around the perimeter, make 1 rush down the wing, and only use his size and strength to absorb and react to Getzlafs hit. Best case scenario is Getzlaf falls down trying to hit Virtanen. 

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Sorry to Disappoint, but Virtanen is not who you think he is. He wont be destroying anyone. He will skate around the perimeter, make 1 rush down the wing, and only use his size and strength to absorb and react to Getzlafs hit. Best case scenario is Getzlaf falls down trying to hit Virtanen. 

I can paint whichever pretty picture I want to look at.

I'm not saying you are wrong

I hope Jake can start proving you wrong though

A month for Virtanen is most of the season.  If it is a tad slower or he needs a few practices for conditioning, then he is basically done.

Well we wanted to see the kids!  

I wonder how our playoff push will be looking by the deadline, other teams will have caught up in games played and we could be well on the outside.  Of course, they could also all lose their games and we continue this weird turtle derby where the team at a game over .500 makes it in.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:45 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ribs heal fast in young guys like Jake... hopefully he is back in a month.

Good news on Edler... we desperately need him back.  I predict Tanev will be out a while.

Also good news to hear Demko skating.  We need to get his evolution back on track.

Marky probably needs this long break more than anyone... hopefully he can get to 100% by Thursday.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:27 PM, luckylager said:

I can paint whichever pretty picture I want to look at.

I'm not saying you are wrong

I hope Jake can start proving you wrong though

That was a big league cheap shot by Getzlaf. Most players would have been injured worse then Virtanen after that. He’s a tough kid, we need to wait till he’s 25 to see the player he will be for the remainder of his career.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:51 PM, JayDangles said:

Good try, but Jake was a very immature kid when drafted, and (in several ways) he still is.  We’ve seen Jake dominate physically for long stretches of games.  He’s still maturing.  

49 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Every year we are decimated by injuries. They need to look at every angle and see what they can do to improve the overall health of the team. I like how Gillis at least tried with the sleep doctors etc.

almost none of the injuries in the last 2 years have been fitness related, there's nothing they can do to prevent cheap shots, pucks to the face etc etc

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Good try, but Jake was a very immature kid when drafted, and (in several ways) he still is.  We’ve seen Jake dominate physically for long stretches of games.  He’s still maturing.  

Jake is T-5 in hits per game (3rd in #hits)

Interesting fact. - Eriksson has but 2 hits over 60 games.  Pettersson has 31 hits in 49 games !!!

12 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Interesting fact. - Eriksson has but 2 hits over 60 games.  Pettersson has 31 hits in 49 games !!!

Pettersson is an absolutely phenomenal player.  Errikson, not so much.  

11 hours ago, Googlie said:

That right there my friends, is why this kid bleeds "Character" and will be a leader on this team for years to come.

1 hour ago, firestorm238 said:

Does anybody else find the lack of news on Sutter interesting / suspicious?

I doubt we could trade Sutter this TDL, considering he still has another year on his term.  It would be nice to see him go sooner though.  Maybe, we can find a dance partner this summer?

Archived