The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

During the game was the time now any response even a little bit questionable could result in additional discipline from the league as premeditated, as many post this is a different league than 15 years ago.

Apparently only fan emotions ran high.

Green outright lied, it wasn't the last 5 minutes of the game it was the first 5 min of the third period, it was shown on the "jumbotron" in the arena immediately and they looked at it on their tablets and the score was 2-2.

It is always easier to say sorry after but I do think it was just the heat of the moment and he was sincere but the heat of the moment is the time for "corrections" not a well planned out "lesson" later.

Stupid fans issuing threats, it is a game.

I thought so too at the time. I'm not a big fan go taking numbers and looking for revenge in 3 months time. It's done and dusted.

it will probably be blown up leading up to the game (by the press and fans alike) thus suspension may come into play from the league. They have an eye on us for anything like that.... Probably since the Bertuzzi incident, who knows...

My only grape with your post was the suggestion, EP should stay out for longer to fuel the grievance and anger of the fans towards, as you said 'coward' players... 

ITS OUR TEAM.... Support them, don't created divisions that doesn't exists. There is no cowards on our team...

And yes ridiculous and pathetic to issue threats... 

41 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I thought so too at the time. I'm not a big fan go taking numbers and looking for revenge in 3 months time. It's done and dusted.

it will probably be blown up leading up to the game (by the press and fans alike) thus suspension may come into play from the league. They have an eye on us for anything like that.... Probably since the Bertuzzi incident, who knows...

My only grape with your post was the suggestion, EP should stay out for longer to fuel the grievance and anger of the fans towards, as you said 'coward' players... 

ITS OUR TEAM.... Support them, don't created divisions that doesn't exists. There is no cowards on our team...

And yes ridiculous and pathetic to issue threats... 

The thing that irks me about it, is that they think that an immediate reaction is "old time hockey justice", but it's not.  "Take a number for later" has always been the hockey world mantra.  Not saying immediate resposnses don't happen, of course they do, but more often than not, it comes later in the game, or in future games.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

The thing that irks me about it, is that they think that an immediate reaction is "old time hockey justice", but it's not.  "Take a number for later" has always been the hockey world mantra.  Not saying immediate resposnses don't happen, of course they do, but more often than not, it comes later in the game, or in future games.

Old time hockey settled things during the game. A quick response. Players new if they went after 99 they would get delt with. 

You are talking about what Burt did which was just stupid.  

Don't let things fester just get it over with. Guddy made a questionable hit and had to answer the bell. That's the only way.

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ooof, Demko sent down on a plane before he's even cleared. Now Beagle was forced to travel before surgery, a 7 hour flight with a broken arm. What is the medical staff thinking?!

I dont know beagles details but in some fractures you can bandage/plaster the fracture and then have surgery later. 

18 hours ago, stawns said:

I know...

I think the league has an eye on us.

Knowing the press here in Vancouver it will be pumped wildly up leading up to the game, so my fear is, any incident will be dealt with hard by the league.

18 hours ago, appleboy said:

Old time hockey settled things during the game. A quick response. Players new if they went after 99 they would get delt with. 

You are talking about what Burt did which was just stupid.  

Don't let things fester just get it over with. Guddy made a questionable hit and had to answer the bell. That's the only way.

It should be both. Take the number for later but answer the bell as well. 

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

I know...

I think the league has an eye on us.

Knowing the press here in Vancouver it will be pumped wildly up leading up to the game, so my fear is, any incident will be dealt with hard by the league.

I agree, but it doesn't have to be a Bertuzzi, it can be a fight and getting up in their stars faces all night, never turning away from giving out a hard hit.

1 hour ago, 406in604 said:

It should be both. Take the number for later but answer the bell as well. 

My biggest concern with taking a number is that it allows the media to get involved and pump up the incident. We have seen that here and we don't need another one. When things get taken care of during the game it is usually over and done with.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I agree, but it doesn't have to be a Bertuzzi, it can be a fight and getting up in their stars faces all night, never turning away from giving out a hard hit.

I do hope and expect that to be the case. A fight may also happen, but I think that it will be more of a staged fight, if it does.

It's hard to keep your emotions high for a period of 3 months. Different in games like the one v Flames where its back to back, or you meet regularly.

It was always going to be something EP40 would have to learn to deal with one way or another.

With his mad skills he is going to make a lot of players look stupid.

And they won't like it one bit. Even less when we become a play offs contender again.

21 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ooof, Demko sent down on a plane before he's even cleared. Now Beagle was forced to travel before surgery, a 7 hour flight with a broken arm. What is the medical staff thinking?!

I’ve been asking the same thing. Why are we risking our players health to potentially making the rehab having a setback. I’m not a doctor of course but somethings just sound off when you shouldn’t rush a player when they aren’t symptom free yet. I have always wondered why we have endless lists of injuries every year. I know travel is one element of fatigue but you try and prevent further injury as best as you can. I’m not sure if the team doctors are doing this.

AAC728B6-2D3F-4CB4-87BC-55734F24FEEC.gif

31 minutes ago, appleboy said:

My biggest concern with taking a number is that it allows the media to get involved and pump up the incident. We have seen that here and we don't need another one. When things get taken care of during the game it is usually over and done with.

The media doesnt require any assistance inflating stories. 

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I do hope and expect that to be the case. A fight may also happen, but I think that it will be more of a staged fight, if it does.

It's hard to keep your emotions high for a period of 3 months. Different in games like the one v Flames where its back to back, or you meet regularly.

It was always going to be something EP40 would have to learn to deal with one way or another.

With his mad skills he is going to make a lot of players look stupid.

And they won't like it one bit. Even less when we become a play offs contender again.

EP learned unicycle juggling in a single afternoon.

Imagine what he could do in his off time if he dedicated the next 3 months to combat sports training?

January 13th, Pettersson vs. Matheson.

Could go something like this:

Pettersson challenges Matheson, they drop gloves, and square off. Elias staggers Matheson with a well timed superman punch. Then follows up with a savage combination that leaves Matheson out on his feet. EP scoops up Matheson for what looks to be a finishing move body slam. But then gently lowers his half conscious opponent to the ice and waives for the trainer. Because Elias is classy like that. And he’s already more than proven his point.

11 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Imagine what he could do in his off time if he dedicated the next 3 months to combat sports training?

Pettersson challenges Matheson, they drop gloves, and square off. Elias staggers Matheson with a well timed superman punch. Then follows up with a savage combination that leaves Matheson out on his feet. EP scoops up Matheson for what looks to be a finishing move body slam. But then gently lowers his half conscious opponent to the ice and waives for the trainer. Because Elias is classy like that. And he’s already more than proven his point.

:lol::lol: Thank you SID. Nice one amigo +1

Literally in tears... 

12 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

giphy.gif

Archived