The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

6 hours ago, lmm said:

dude is -8 in 9 ahl games

how do you think that translates to the nhl?

You literally just used the worst stat in the book. Bo was a minus 30 his first year, yet played very well. Were we wrong to have kept him up? 4 years later now and he’s on pace for 57 goals, while still being a minus player. Plus minus is trash. 

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

You literally just used the worst stat in the book. Bo was a minus 30 his first year, yet played very well. Were we wrong to have kept him up? 4 years later now and he’s on pace for 57 goals, while still being a minus player. Plus minus is trash. 

Plus minus not necessary trash.. who cares if you score 100 goals if you end up -30 that means the other side scored 130 goals against you not counting power plays..  most top line players are plus players and most top D pairings are close to 0 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Though I think Biega is the right call, Cull has been very high on OJ.  

Do you think Cull is high on Juolevi as a young kid needing re-enforcement or as an NHL ready prospect.?

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

So if Edler is -39 Edler is trash, but if our new wunderkind is a potential -64 in his rookie AHL season he is ready for the NHL, is that how this works?

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Time for Benning to get rid of The Chandeliers, aka. Tanev, Gudbranson, Edler and Baertschi.

I knew we should’ve wrapped Tanev in bubble wrap. Now if we’re out of it and looking for trades I’ll just get to see Maple Leafs fans saying that’s too much to give for an injury prone dman.

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Actually short handed goals for and against count towards plus minus.

2 hours ago, Yung1 said:

Ive learned a new thing!

The way I would put it is that goals scored on the PK count as "plus" for the PK units and "minus" for the PP unit the goal is scored on. So, in a sense, both PK and PP figure into +/- but only in one direction.

Archived