The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

10 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Was just gonna ask this question. At least if Gags returned & played decent, it's no longer 3 mill AAV flushed down the loo...

I don't mind see Archie get recalled. At least there's a decent chance he actually plays, and he adds an element to the lineup that I enjoy seeing.

But if the Canucks get to the point where they feel they need to call up a centre option to sit in the press box, just for insurance, I hope it's Gagner, instead of Kero or whoever. Much rather see us weaken the Marlies lineup instead of robbing the Comets for players that we usually just sit out as spares.

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I don't mind see Archie get recalled. At least there's a decent chance he actually plays, and he adds an element to the lineup that I enjoy seeing.

But if the Canucks get to the point where they feel they need to call up a centre option to sit in the press box, just for insurance, I hope it's Gagner, instead of Kero or whoever. Much rather see us weaken the Marlies lineup instead of robbing the Comets for players that we usually just sit out as spares.

I actually thought about this when the Comets were playing the Marlies a few weeks back. Was thinking “if they wanted to recall Gagner before the matches and not have him play against the comets, that would help us win the game and it’s totally our decision to do so if we wanted to screw the leafs farm team”. Would’ve been hilarious to see it happen.

With the last couple of years I have been giving a lot of our players the benefit of the doubt with an abnormal amount of injuries on this team. I am not so sure about this anymore and I look at some of these injuries and say ''Really"? 

Stetcher took a big hit last night and he is at practice the next day?

I am on board with others who have been saying we should be cutting our losses with these guys and I am tending to agree with them now. 

Three years now with basically the same guys getting injured? Time to move on and replace with guys who can be a little more reliable. 

On 2018-10-30 at 10:07 PM, VegasCanuck said:

At any point, did anyone on this board, pee in an elderly Gypsy woman's cornflakes???

Just scratching off the most obvious causes first.... :)

Started from day 1. When the team had a 50/50 chance getting 1st overall, and we still lost. 

I was hoping when the fans brought the Pope a Canucks jersey that maybe that was the teams turning point. 

Right now I'm open to building a wicker man....

20 hours ago, EdgarM said:

With the last couple of years I have been giving a lot of our players the benefit of the doubt with an abnormal amount of injuries on this team. I am not so sure about this anymore and I look at some of these injuries and say ''Really"? 

Stetcher took a big hit last night and he is at practice the next day?

I am on board with others who have been saying we should be cutting our losses with these guys and I am tending to agree with them now. 

Three years now with basically the same guys getting injured? Time to move on and replace with guys who can be a little more reliable. 

Do you even look at the injuries? Stecher got blind sided in the head when he didn't have the puck. That could happen to pretty much anyone.

1 minute ago, Psycho_Path said:

Do you even look at the injuries? Stecher got blind sided in the head when he didn't have the puck. That could happen to pretty much anyone.

This is very true.  It appeared, to me, both players blind-sided each other, and Stech (being the shorter one) got the other player's shoulder in the head.  

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Started from day 1. When the team had a 50/50 chance getting 1st overall, and we still lost. 

I was hoping when the fans brought the Pope a Canucks jersey that maybe that was the teams turning point. 

Right now I'm open to building a wicker man....

Just going to say it, that could work! :)

So, sounds like Stecher is good to go tonight, but Baerstchi is down for awhile longer.

Was just reading how many injuries we have in Utica as well

Wacey Hamilton - expected to return this weekend after concussion and shoulder injury in camp

Sautner - scheduled to return from injury

Boucher - 2 - 3 more weeks with injury

Link - 2 - 3 more weeks with injury

Demko - traveling with the team, getting closer to return, not expect to play this weekend

That's like 20% of our players under contract, are down with an injury or something.

Entire organization has been beat to S#!&

We lose anymore, we're going to have to start dressing fans to ice a full lineup. @Alflives in goal anyone???

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, sounds like Stecher is good to go tonight, but Baerstchi is down for awhile longer.

Was just reading how many injuries we have in Utica as well

Wacey Hamilton - expected to return this weekend after concussion and shoulder injury in camp

Sautner - scheduled to return from injury

Boucher - 2 - 3 more weeks with injury

Link - 2 - 3 more weeks with injury

Demko - traveling with the team, getting closer to return, not expect to play this weekend

That's like 20% of our players under contract, are down with an injury or something.

Entire organization has been beat to S#!&

We lose anymore, we're going to have to start dressing fans to ice a full lineup. @Alflives in goal anyone???

Imagine Gagner must feel pretty foolish. Had he(like say, Higgins) simply reported as a good soldier, he'd likely have been back up, again in the show by now.

2 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

That is my point exactly! Baertchi, same type of hit, out indefinitely, Stetcher? BACK THE NEXT GAME!

Beagle, the slap shot he took, I can see how he broke some bones. The other guys? Especially Tanev and Edler, I did not see a certain play that looked like it should have injured them. Not saying they aren't injured but out indefinitely, AGAIN? Come on enough is enough time to find some guys who have the "character" to fight through some of these "injuries".

Archived