The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

13 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

You mean like Brandon Sutter (1 injured season in 7  years before coming to the Canucks) and Keith Ballard (only missed 13 games in 1 of the 5 seasons he played before joining the Canucks)?

Sutter:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=84687

Ballard:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=61770

I think his latest injury was a freak accident no I am talking about these guys that are getting injured on a regular basis where it is not apparent where they actually got injured and the broadcasters have to go back on tape to see where the actual injury happened. Then, they are out "indefinitely" from these "injuries".

14 hours ago, EdgarM said:

That is my point exactly! Baertchi, same type of hit, out indefinitely, Stetcher? BACK THE NEXT GAME!

Beagle, the slap shot he took, I can see how he broke some bones. The other guys? Especially Tanev and Edler, I did not see a certain play that looked like it should have injured them. Not saying they aren't injured but out indefinitely, AGAIN? Come on enough is enough time to find some guys who have the "character" to fight through some of these "injuries".

Some guys walk away from a hit to the head, some not so lucky. Edler got tangled up along the boards with an opposition forward and fell awkwardly with the other landing on top of him. Tanev  took a shot in the hip. yeah, they're all #fakeinjuries.  NOT!

6 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

Some guys walk away from a hit to the head, some not so lucky. Edler got tangled up along the boards with an opposition forward and fell awkwardly with the other landing on top of him. Tanev  took a shot in the hip. yeah, they're all #fakeinjuries.  NOT!

Yeah because you are the team doctor and you know when someone is telling the truth and when they're not. Yeah OK. :lol:

The one thing that you cannot dispute is that some players will play through injuries while some are happy to sit on the sidelines even though they may have the ability to get back on the ice. Maybe Edlers is legit and Tanev's not so much. maybe its the other way around. We will never know for sure either way and all I am saying is that there is that question mark that can never really be answered unless we are them.

Just saying there is a pattern where "so and so" is injured again and nobody is sure where the injury occurred. 

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Yeah because you are the team doctor and you know when someone is telling the truth and when they're not. Yeah OK. :lol:

The one thing that you cannot dispute is that some players will play through injuries while some are happy to sit on the sidelines even though they may have the ability to get back on the ice. Maybe Edlers is legit and Tanev's not so much. maybe its the other way around. We will never know for sure either way and all I am saying is that there is that question mark that can never really be answered unless we are them.

Just saying there is a pattern where "so and so" is injured again and nobody is sure where the injury occurred. 

None of these players are content to sit on the sidelines.  They want to play.  Tanev even played through a broken bone in his leg vs Tampa last year. 

Baer after the concussion from the collision with McLeod the last time talked of foggy vision, dizziness and lack of balance.  He took a shift after the Hyka hit.  Btw he tried to play through broken ribs at the Worlds.  

9 hours ago, EdgarM said:

And your the team doctor?  

On 03/11/2018 at 7:52 AM, EdgarM said:

The one thing that you cannot dispute is that some players will play through injuries while some are happy to sit on the sidelines even though they may have the ability to get back on the ice

Wtf.  After an indredibly insulting comment, you should be the one providing the basis of 'some are happy to sit on the bench'.  These guys are professional atheletes that have a passion for the game and you're confusing them with mill workers that hate their job and will take time off any way they can.

. Maybe Edlers is legit and Tanev's not so much. maybe its the other way around. We will never know for sure either way and all I am saying is that there is that question mark that can never really be answered unless we are them.

So you choose to ponder the most negative answer?

Hockey is such an intense and physical game.   Injuries happen all the time; especially to players that have the huge minutes on a team.

The only 'pattern' I've noticed is that the team does not give out much info on injuries this year.

And that earlier statement of yours regarding Baer; is so clueless.  Comparing his injury to Stech is ridiculous.  Baer has a CONCUSSION man.  Obvioulsy Stech did not.

Shocking really.

37 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Wtf.  After an indredibly insulting comment, you should be the one providing the basis of 'some are happy to sit on the bench'.  These guys are professional atheletes that have a passion for the game and you're confusing them with mill workers that hate their job and will take time off any way they can.

So you choose to ponder the most negative answer?

Hockey is such an intense and physical game.   Injuries happen all the time; especially to players that have the huge minutes on a team.

The only 'pattern' I've noticed is that the team does not give out much info on injuries this year.

And that earlier statement of yours regarding Baer; is so clueless.  Comparing his injury to Stech is ridiculous.  Baer has a CONCUSSION man.  Obvioulsy Stech did not.

Shocking really.

What is shocking is that we have a team that is abnormally having high levels of injuries to basically the same players and a lot of times none of us see where the actual injury occurred. I am not talking about any specific injury or any specific play I am just saying in general. Don't get all emotional because I am bringing up this phenomenon.

Its an observation where I see no logical explanation to why it is happening. Just bad luck?

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

What is shocking is that we have a team that is abnormally having high levels of injuries to basically the same players and a lot of times none of us see where the actual injury occurred. I am not talking about any specific injury or any specific play I am just saying in general. Don't get all emotional because I am bringing up this phenomenon.

Its an observation where I see no logical explanation to why it is happening. Just bad luck?

These players are elite athletes; they are not like us.  The best ones play, and don’t think about getting injured.  If they thought about “playing safe” they wouldn’t be in the league, or would be a Double Flamingo.  

Guys get injured because they are playing the right way, which is the only way.  

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

No you are not just bringing up a phenomenon.  You are making damaging remarks about specific players' character and you have nothing to validate your point.

I stand by the points I have made and obviously you choose to ignore them.

Bad luck?  Maybe some.  I think it may be more to do with the change in playing style (more aggressive and demanding) and and increase in minutes for many players.  Green is running them hard.

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

No you are not just bringing up a phenomenon.  You are making damaging remarks about specific players' character and you have nothing to validate your point.

I stand by the points I have made and obviously you choose to ignore them.

Bad luck?  Maybe some.  I think it may be more to do with the change in playing style (more aggressive and demanding) and and increase in minutes for many players.  Green is running them hard.

I am bringing up "Questions" as none of us know all. I do know that some will play in the playoffs with broken ribs, broken fingers etc. etc. and some will sit in the press box with what ever injuries they have. I am pretty sure that there are some players who will not even tell someone they are injured and play anyway.

25 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am bringing up "Questions" as none of us know all. I do know that some will play in the playoffs with broken ribs, broken fingers etc. etc. and some will sit in the press box with what ever injuries they have. I am pretty sure that there are some players who will not even tell someone they are injured and play anyway.

Sounds like back peddling, Edgar.  Anyways, I have no need to pursue this unless I see you making accusations regarding certain players' character again.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:37 PM, N7Nucks said:

What’s the record for most players used by a team in one season? Do they track that? I wanna believe this team boutta set some records.

I don't know about records, but it's no surprise that the team has struggled the last few seasons. We're in the top 5 for man games lost at the end of the past 3 seasons.   https://twitter.com/ManGamesLostNHL

Archived