The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

On 2018-11-04 at 11:35 AM, EdgarM said:

I am bringing up "Questions" as none of us know all. I do know that some will play in the playoffs with broken ribs, broken fingers etc. etc. and some will sit in the press box with what ever injuries they have. I am pretty sure that there are some players who will not even tell someone they are injured and play anyway.

Playoffs are elimination games and some players don’t get many chances to play in the playoffs. They will do whatever it takes to win the cup. And when they either win it or get eliminated there’s healing and rest in the off season. 

Regular season is the time to play hard but to heal up and prepare for the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

For god sakes why will they not shut Boeser down until he is 100%.  Call up Dahlen

Agree 100% ;-)

Also I think when Green said he "tweaked his groin last game" - he meant to say "his back is still sore as h*ll from all those cross-checks the ref refused to call".

On 05/11/2018 at 9:13 PM, arsenalian said:

Please please sit Brock, so he can heal. 2 games would be even better, because we all know what happens when Green sits Brock for 2 games ;)

From Benning's interview this morning, it doesn't sound like it's something that can get worse, it's just pain management and probably some mobility too.

Having had a groin tweak that was simply from getting off my bike too fast in a weird way, they never fully "go away" from what I've experienced.  It's one of those things that can flare up at any time, even after not feeling it for substantial periods and forgetting about it.  One wrong movement (especially) in the cold and...there it is.

Hope it doesn't impede his progress too much.  He's got such potential and is a shining star, sure hope it's no too much of a lingering thing.  Mine's been good now for a year or so (knocking on wood) but I've learned not to think it's "gone".  

Luckily, they have all the right tools and personnel in place to monitor this.   Heal up, Brockstar...we need you!!!

Brock as good as he is as a Sniper he's a pretty complete hockey player. He certainly can be a playmaker when needed. He just needs experience and he will pick up the defensive side of things too. I like the fact he tries to get involved in the defensive action even if it's not his strong suit. Playing aside guys like Horvat and Pettersson. Brock is only going to get better. Just get healthy, and listen to your body. 

Per CapFriendly Boeser has been placed on IR.  It's likely retroactive and his last game was last Friday so he can be re-activated at any time (IR is minimum 7 days).  It just allows flexibility in case they need to recall someone.  Players on IR still count against the cap btw.

Archived