The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Here is how I see the forward lines and d IF the whole team is healthy in time for the Eastern Canada road trip.

Ericsson-Horvat-Virtanen

Goldobin-Petersson-Boeser

Beartschi-Granlund-Leivo

Roussel-Beagle-Sutter

Motte becomes the healthy scratch instead of the 6 million dollar man because of politics.

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

MDZ, Biega

Tim Schaller is the next veteran to get buried in the minors after Sam Gagner.

Gaudette obviously gets way more ice time in Utica to develop his 2 way game and find his offence again.

Reasoning for Baer on the 3rd with LE on the 1st?

1 hour ago, arsenalian said:

I’m thinking Baer will be eased back into the lineup, seeing as he hasn’t played in months, will likely be quite rusty. 3rd line start makes sense for now.

That's fair. I had a feeling that was your thinking behind it but wasn't sure. Surely when sven is up to speed he will be in his usual spot on horvats left.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:10 AM, Chip Kelly said:

Here is how I see the forward lines and d IF the whole team is healthy in time for the Eastern Canada road trip.

Ericsson-Horvat-Virtanen

Goldobin-Petersson-Boeser

Beartschi-Granlund-Leivo

Roussel-Beagle-Sutter

Motte becomes the healthy scratch instead of the 6 million dollar man because of politics.

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

MDZ, Biega

Tim Schaller is the next veteran to get buried in the minors after Sam Gagner.

Gaudette obviously gets way more ice time in Utica to develop his 2 way game and find his offence again.

why is Granlund there? He is probably the weakest forward, rather have motte on 4th line and Sutter centering 3rd line. Sutter and Beagle, 2 strong centers on 4th line doesnt make sense. Hopefully Granlund is traded in TDL...we have many players like Gaudette, Dahlen, McEwan etc. that need to be on the roster next year. Granlund has mediocre ability on offense and his defensive ability isnt as good as motte, sutter, beagle or Eriksson.

19 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

why is Granlund there? He is probably the weakest forward, rather have motte on 4th line and Sutter centering 3rd line. Sutter and Beagle, 2 strong centers on 4th line doesnt make sense. Hopefully Granlund is traded in TDL...we have many players like Gaudette, Dahlen, McEwan etc. that need to be on the roster next year. Granlund has mediocre ability on offense and his defensive ability isnt as good as motte, sutter, beagle or Eriksson.

I agree.  Motte has been working his tail end off since the beginning of the season and has only 2 less points than Granny in two less games.  Point of the matter is, he has also become more productive as the season has gone on.  I really don't see Green punishing Motte by playing a forward who doesn't have nearly as strong a work ethic instead.

I'm not calling Granny lazy, it's just the Motte is the hardest working player on the team.  When I went to the Jets game before Christmas, there were at least two cases of him racing down the ice trying to beat an icing call.  

On 1/1/2019 at 12:42 PM, DefCon1 said:

You could play them as a shutdown line vs the others teams best line instead of Horvat and whoever are his wings.

Having 2 strong defensive centers on the same line ensures if Beagle gets waived out if a draw Sutter can come in.

Roussel-Beagle-Sutter is a line that could match up very well defensively vs any line in the NHL.

I think they could be an elite shutdown line.

I like Motte but Granlund can play center or wing and is more versatile to have in the lineup.

We'll see.

Archived