The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

6 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

I kind of think and hope that they say Pettersson is out for 7-10 days just so that Matheson gets suspended.  If they stated he was not injured and cleared to play, Matheson is not getting suspended.

I feel like you're onto something, and I hope you're right. I'm betting EP will be back playing sooner rather than later.

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Matheson two games, that’s at least something.  Next time it will be different no doubt (for the Canucks and how they back each other up I mean).

What do u base that assumtion on? This team is spineless, Green doesn't protect his assetts and 50% of the fanbase rather see 2 points than instant retribution and sticking up for our star rookie. Jesus no one even helped him get back on his feet or skated upto him to see if he was okay...  

Hate to say it but Pettersson would be better off in the Avalanche or Red Wings franchise. Father Torbjörn probably thinks so too.

Can we keep this thread a little thinner on discussion and keep it to the basic info, who is hurt and when they come back.  

It is clear that when something needs more discussion that 5-10 threads will pop up for that. 

It is nice to have an easy to refer to thread for injuries.

Not trying to be a mod, there are just a number of threads this debate is going on in already.

9 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

I dont get it... we just sign Beagle to a 12million dollars contract just for him to break his arm 5 games into his first season and missing 6 weeks. 

What don't you get about unfortunate events that are both unpredictable  and uncontrollable?

19 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to wrestle and destroy my brother...."

Jules 25:17

That golden glow. Could it have been EP in that briefcase all along??

23 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The concussion protocol is 7-10 days so he's basing it on that.

If he's symptom free after a week he can resume playing.

What's he rush? Canucks need to be cautious not to rush him back too soon. Maybe give him a month off to rest and get stronger in the gym and put on 5 pounds before he comes back ready to dominate.

5 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

What's he rush? Canucks need to be cautious not to rush him back too soon. Maybe give him a month off to rest and get stronger in the gym and put on 5 pounds before he comes back ready to dominate.

We're 5 games into the season. I don't think he needs a rest.

He'll come back when he's 100%, no sooner.

Just now, DeNiro said:

We're 5 games into the season. I don't think he needs a rest.

He'll come back when he's 100%, no sooner.

The rest bit is about the concussions and making sure he has no lingering side effects.

This could be a win win solution. Get a look at Gaudette while Elias is out.

Plus Elias gets a little time to add some strength in the gym.

It doesn't need to be a whole month it could be 2 weeks if his concussion symptoms are not that bad.

With Demko he had a concussion and is still not cleared yet the Canucks put him on a plane right away.

I just don't want them to feel pressure in playing him at all even though he is there meal ticket to being close to relevant in the NHL this season.

Only the Canucks know how bad Demko and Petersson are right now.

The fact they are not giving any updates on either concerns me a little. 

10 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Can we keep this thread a little thinner on discussion and keep it to the basic info, who is hurt and when they come back.  

It is clear that when something needs more discussion that 5-10 threads will pop up for that. 

It is nice to have an easy to refer to thread for injuries.

Not trying to be a mod, there are just a number of threads this debate is going on in already.

That's why you check the OP on the front page, updated daily! 

Update on Demko- wish there was a more substantial update after 3 weeks.

On 2018-10-16 at 9:55 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Take yer time Pete. Want you back when you 110%. No need to rush.

If you can workout pls do.

He's so competitive, I wonder what he's going to do about getting stronger. He got wrecked on faceoffs and addressed it right away and already had respectable numbers before getting injured. Watch him come back jacked  from all the gym time after this concussion. 

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

He's so competitive, I wonder what he's going to do about getting stronger. He got wrecked on faceoffs and addressed it right away and already had respectable numbers before getting injured. Watch him come back jacked  from all the gym time after this concussion. 

Archived