The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Agreed,but I wouldn't want to see what a FULL SEASON without them looks like. It would be U-G-L-Y!!!!!!

You do know we would replace them with other players right?

Are we worse with Gaudette than Sutter?  Probably not.  At best with Sutter (when he is playing), he can slow down how much the opposition can score.  Good team have a 3rd  line that can produce and spend some time in the offensive zone so our D and goalie aren’t leaned on so heavily.

If we moved out Tanev but got Ceci in a trade, we are better.  

We we have enough veterans and moving some out for young club controlled players seems a no brainer.

2 hours ago, Provost said:

You do know we would replace them with other players right?

Are we worse with Gaudette than Sutter?  Probably not.  At best with Sutter (when he is playing), he can slow down how much the opposition can score.  Good team have a 3rd  line that can produce and spend some time in the offensive zone so our D and goalie aren’t leaned on so heavily.

If we moved out Tanev but got Ceci in a trade, we are better.  

We we have enough veterans and moving some out for young club controlled players seems a no brainer.

Hey, if you can get rid of them and get an improvement from what ever magic your planning on using, I am all for it. 

Sutter has only played in 57% of the games since the start of 15-16 season

how pathetic is that

so done with this guy. Get what you can and cut your losses.

biggest asset the Canucks could gain in a sutter trade is shipping out his entire 4.375m cap hit 

39 minutes ago, billabong said:

Sutter has only played in 57% of the games since the start of 15-16 season

how pathetic is that

so done with this guy. Get what you can and cut your losses.

biggest asset the Canucks could gain in a sutter trade is shipping out his entire 4.375m cap hit 

Agreed and he is the prime piece of the kesler deal. Probably stuck with him till his final year of his deal

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I don’t mind Sutter gone for the season , ice time for Gaudette.

I feel like we should keep him at least for next year. He has negative value. If we were to trade him we'd have ti give up am asset. 

If we were to buy him out we would carry a 2.1875 caphit for 4 years. 

I say we keep him for 1 more year (he only plays 38 games average anyway). He and gaudette can split the role. After next year we buy him out or trade him if he rebounds.

Just my $.02

Archived