The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Report: 2018/19 Canucks

ftmN

29 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Losing Roussel really hurts...hope that knee injury is not so severe that it affects how he skates and plays.

Yep, he is a keeper... set up a goal with his last effort before getting nailed, typical gritty play.

And he was already setting personal bests for the season.

At least it didn't happen when the team was in the middle of a playoff chase or in the first round.

Hopefully a good long recuperation over the spring and summer will see him back.

Is EP playing hurt?  I haven’t watched any games the last week or so.... but his production has fallen off the map.  Is it because he is playing differently?  Ie playing hurt?  Hopefully I can watch a game this weekend but I’m afraid what I might see!  

In a way it it would be a relief if it is a minor injury....

So Tanev out for the season.  Broke something blocking that shot.

What is his value to our team and to others at this point?  His constant injuries are really affecting the team's success.  Team chemistry has to take a hit when your main d-man keeps getting hurt.  Would i go so far as to say he is unreliable because of it?  ......

3 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

So Tanev out for the season.  Broke something blocking that shot.

What is his value to our team and to others at this point?  His constant injuries are really affecting the team's success.  Team chemistry has to take a hit when your main d-man keeps getting hurt.  Would i go so far as to say he is unreliable because of it?  ......

Absolutely he’s unreliable. He can’t be a teams top 3 defender because he’s always injured. He’d make a great #4 on a team, someone who’s spot can be filled when needed.

I love Tanev, but it’s time he gets moved. We need to find someone who plays more than 50ish games a season to be our second best Dman. We rely on him too much, because he’s great when he’s in the lineup. But we don’t have the depth to replace his 30ish games out consistently. Stetch has done great, and can replace him, but it’s a trickle down effect. Our 7/8/9 d have played way too much this year.

Tanev gets injured because he sacrifices himself constantly. We should be thanking him for going 'above and beyond' ! The one area where we could help him out is keeping him off the PK. With today's roster, that would mean Stecher and Biega carrying the load. Both are adequate without being good. Nowhere near Tanev's level. A big Russian might solve this problem !

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Tell me this &^@#er doesnt read cdc.

JJ Daigneault set the bar very high ! The new guys are rising to the challenge tho' ! ( can't help thinking that this might be a win/ win situation for the 'nucks re RFA dates and Seattle ED issues.......don't think JB is too upset ! )

Archived