The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary sportsnet host pokes fun at EP concussion

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Sent the following email to Sportsnet:

I am appalled that you are providIng a platform for this unprofessional buffoon to make inexcusable jokes about head injuries, especially when the injury is a result of a dirty play.  This is unprofessional and should be considered grounds for immediate termination of employment.

Given that you are the sole broadcaster for the Canucks, I'll still be watching your broadcasts.  However, I will make sure I do not patronize any of your advertisers until you do the right thing and fire Francis.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Sent the following email to Sportsnet:

I am appalled that you are providIng a platform for this unprofessional buffoon to make inexcusable jokes about head injuries, especially when the injury is a result of a dirty play.  This is unprofessional and should be considered grounds for immediate termination of employment.

Given that you are the sole broadcaster for the Canucks, I'll still be watching your broadcasts.  However, I will make sure I do not patronize any of your advertisers until you do the right thing and fire Francis.

which addy did you use? Was it this one?
feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com

37 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Stupid &^@# I hope Johnny gaudreau gets hurt for the entire season 

Nah, that gives Calgary broadcasters fodder for discussion all year. I hope nothing of note or interest happens in Calgary all year so they have nothing to report on and lose their jobs.

16 minutes ago, lmm said:

I think this is the best thing that could happen under the circumstances.

I hope it goes viral.

Rather than butthurt whining about butthurt Calgary.

Canuck fans should hope every team in the league views this as a WWE joke.

DOPes looks bad, I don't care who it comes from but the more negative press for the NHL the better.

This has the potential to become the next "vote for Rory" or John Scott affair, pointed straight at DOPeS.

I do not choose to look at this as a slap at the Canucks but rather DOPeS

I meant I thought his joke was funny but ok

6 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Not even just Canucks fans were mad. 

Daniel Carcillo (himself struggling with concussion issues):

Wow good for him, this is definitely going viral now, but glad someone who has played the game and experienced these issues is speaking up on it and that these matters are no joke, and making Francis and Sportsnet look like idiots.

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Wow good for him, this is definitely going viral now, but glad someone who has played the game and experienced these issues is speaking up on it and that these matters are no joke, and making Francis and Sportsnet look like idiots.

Carcillo called out the NHL too

9 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

guys like Carcillo - and many others who are living with the after-effects of brain injuries....

are the people that should be heard in the wake of incidents like this.

As someone who was slew footed from behind and had the dman's elbow literally drive me into the ice like a wrestling move, I take this stuff seriously. I was diagnosed with whiplash and a concussion the next day because I could not finish a sentence in our morning briefing at work nor could I move my head. I felt a very familiar feeling when they showed the replay and EP40 could not get up on his own. I remember trying to get up and the tendy yelling for the ref because I had Bambi legs. It is a damn scary feeling. After four on-ice concussions I have really had to be cognizant with on-ice awareness and potential head contact which even in non-contact can be unavoidable at times.   

As is evident in other threads, I am extremely upset about the "hit" by Matheson and I was really upset at the response by the Canucks...

But I have no problem with this.  It's just a joke, and I don't even think it is meant to be at "Pettersson's expense".  I think it is more of a comment on how the hit was more of a wrestling move than a hockey play, which I think we can all agree with.

20 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Carcillo also pointed out that Francis took a shot at TJ Brodie for not going to the world championships this summer....because Brodie wanted to be with his wife who has MS.

Archived