The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Matheson suspended 2 games

47 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

There should be some type of note that a ref was right there and no call for a penalty was made,if you don't see the [play as a ref that's one thing) but if you are right there and don't call a penalty, the LEAGUE should look at your reffing ability and maybe move you down to pee wee or bantem until you learn how to be a FAIR REF.

It was in Florida and he didn't want ot put the home team at a disadvantage and get the fans mad at him,if you are unable to do this you do not deserve to be a NHL REF.

Game management is the biggest issue in today’s nhl, no matter what the nhl wants you to believe. It feels so rigged.

so much anger about this hit on social media, and it seems the canucks brass has seeing it, esp green lol ....hopefully the canucks learn from this ( not sure why rousell is here ) since he was brought in to be a dorsett v2 , but listening to his comments he doesn't sound like a dorsett v2 lol

I know EP fans are all asking for blood, and the mainthing about the hit is none would care, but cause a head was involved, people take notice ..which is fine, and 2 games was a minimal, 5 games woulda been the max....and it was done by a player who does not play dirty, and im sure he will learn from this and wont happen again.....just sucks it was on EP, cause if it was anyone else people be like wow bad hit, but not the craziness thats been posted on various social media's 

i am with alot of u and do feel embarrassed about the lack of retaliation and sticking up for your teammate, maybe things will change now, and teammates will be there, guess we will find out.....

I do agree with nick kypreos comments earlier today

55 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

There should be some type of note that a ref was right there and no call for a penalty was made,if you don't see the [play as a ref that's one thing) but if you are right there and don't call a penalty, the LEAGUE should look at your reffing ability and maybe move you down to pee wee or bantem until you learn how to be a FAIR REF.

It was in Florida and he didn't want ot put the home team at a disadvantage and get the fans mad at him,if you are unable to do this you do not deserve to be a NHL REF.

I am sure pissing off the 28 fans there would not be all that bad.

It seems like a win. I wasn't expecting more than 2, probably less if anything. This is more satisfying than just 1 game, and alot more than a fine. I think this sends a decent message.

Its important that the league didn't drop the ball with this, if they want to move away from 'the code' and vigilante justice then they need to be the ones stepping up and taking care of dirty plays like that involving serious head trauma. 

It was a deliberate attempt to injure another player, but that player was a Canuck - I expected he would have received 1 game.  

I'll take the 2 and hope the Canucks (and fans) just forget about it.

We don't need another Bertuzzi incident.

31 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

have they interviews the POS about the hit yet? 

His agent had to talk for him like a coward

Just talked with Matheson's agent Kent Hughes, "It was an unfortunate incident that led to an injury of a great young player. To say Mike was out for retribution is crazy. Mike was surprised at how light Pettersson was, it happened pretty quick.

Archived