The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Oct. 16, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Real good team effort tonight. What a road game that was against a hockey team that's obviously pretty deep. I think we're figuring out how we need to play as a group. We're learning how to win some hockey games." - Green

Nilsson deserves much of the credit for this winning streak.  He has been like a brick wall the last 3 games and given the team a chance to play hockey without having to chase the game.  

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Nilsson deserves much of the credit for this winning streak.  He has been like a brick wall the last 3 games and given the team a chance to play hockey without having to chase the game.  

We are so used to bad goaltending we don't recognize when we get the goaltending that almost all the other teams get. Its nice to see the game not over in the first three shots. 

Just now, cory40 said:

We are so used to bad goaltending we don't recognize when we get the goaltending that almost all the other teams get. Its nice to see the game not over in the first three shots. 

Yeah. I think if Nilsson can maintain this we ride him as our starter until Marky takes it from him. 

17 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

I feel like against a team like Pittsburg it's hard to defend a lead by playing offence. They have way too much offensive fire power. 

It's also hard to get an insurance goal by playing in a defensive shell. It's playing with fire to play that way especially against a team that put almost all their cap money on offense. Also very tiring playing catch all shift.  More prone to mistakes, penalties as well.

The old....sustain the barrage, recover the puck and dump it out, giving it back, and sustain the next wave, repeat, and hope for the best. A kind of 50/50 gamble.

But then there's Boesers shot out of nowhere that stacked our deck.  Cheeky monkey

Just now, Googlie said:

One of Stecher's best games since his rookie season

Drafting Hughes has made Stetcher a much beter D, he now has someone he can mold his game after. I am seeing a lot more of Stetcher curl back with the puck in the O-zone.

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is it just me or has Edler finally changed stick manufacturers.  Seriously, when is the last time he's broken a stick?  Maybe the Sedin's were sabotaging them all these years?

I was wondering the same thing. Haven't seen him break a stick yet this year. Counting pre-season, too.

Maybe he has. I haven't seen every game.

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I actually thought that Pouliot had a relatively weak game.  Not sure that MDZ would be much better, but he'd provide more of a physical presence.

Have to disagree. The pairing of Pouliot and Stecher made some dynamic plays and kept the puck out of their zone. They made some nice plays and Pouliot wasn't a liability out there. Hitting alone isn't enough to put MDZ into the lineup after that game.

1 minute ago, X-PatLostInEdm said:

I was wondering the same thing. Haven't seen him break a stick yet this year. Counting pre-season, too.

Maybe he has. I haven't seen every game.

I believe he has changed from Easton to Warrior.  I think he used to have an Easton sponsorship or something.

3 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Drafting Hughes has made Stetcher a much beter D, he now has someone he can mold his game after. I am seeing a lot more of Stetcher curl back with the puck in the O-zone.

Stecher is exciting to watch. He does everything you could ask for in a smallish D. And a great offensive flair. He has everything but the shot. But at least he gets his chances. Maybe it's just luck. 

Archived