The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We shouldn’t get too excited we started both of the last 2 years 6-3-1

Bertuzzi44ever

I’m happy we’re 4-2, I think teams are taking us lightly but we’re playing a good hard system and Nilsson while good has gone in streaks before. I just don’t think this is sustainable over a season and look no further then the last two years.

6-3-1 

and i I believe the year before was 6-3-1 as well.

maybe we will hit that three times in a row?

and we’ve been the worst team in those  three years.

i have hopes for our future I just don’t want to see fans turn on the team if this year doesent work out. Because we aren’t supposed to do good this year. It’s going to take a year at least without the sedins to transition.

ill be excited if we have a good record at Xmas or if we have a a record of a few games  over ,500 in a month. Lol

but so happy boeser is scoring again!!! And I want us to get Hughes then maybe another depth defender and one more PP defender (and one of

our two goalies be good) dipi or demko then we can contend and maybe make noise in the playoffs!.

On 2018-10-16 at 7:39 PM, SuitnTie said:

Apollo on suicide watch after this post :P

He said two years ago after the 6-3-1 start

”I don’t care about the doubters, I’ve seen enough. We’re the class of the west”

he he also said the Leipsic trade was like the naslund trade after his hot start two games last year.

i don’t listen to apollo

Got a lot of young guys here and seeing them battle hard is the most important thing going forward. Hopefully Pettersson isn't dealing with a concussion as well. Will be nice once Boeser starts cleaning up his game a bit more. He's probably still getting used to defenses playing him harder than last year. Our young guns don't have the safety net of the Sedins anymore. They gotta score against the other team's best defenders now. 

As long as Tanev/Edler stay healthy, we get consistent NHL calibre goaltending, and the bottom 6 defensive play helps out the D they will continue to look good.  What usually ruins the momentum is Tanev and or Edler get injured. Once they have some depth on D , like they are accumulating at forward, they will be able to ride out the injuries on D  too.

This year is all about development.

Just be happy that the young guys are stepping up and providing offense..../ goals.  

Great to see. 

I am not too concerned about our overall record... just want to see the kids improving. 

46 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

I’m happy we’re 4-2, I think teams are taking us lightly but we’re playing a good hard system and Nilsson while good has gone in streaks before. I just don’t think this is sustainable over a season and look no further then the last two years.

6-3-1 

and i I believe the year before was 6-3-1 as well.

maybe we will hit that three times in a row?

and we’ve been the worst team in those  three years.

i have hopes for our future I just don’t want to see fans turn on the team if this year doesent work out. Because we aren’t supposed to do good this year. It’s going to take a year at least without the sedins to transition.

ill be excited if we have a good record at Xmas or if we have a a record of a few games  over ,500 in a month. Lol

but so happy boeser is scoring again!!! And I want us to get Hughes then maybe another depth defender and one more PP defender (and one of

our two goalies be good) dipi or demko then we can contend and maybe make noise in the playoffs!.

You're right and i don't see anyone being too excited yet... but they are a different team this year, definitely not the same as before. And don't ask me why because i'm still trying to understand what is different lol.

"I didn't come here to lose" - Beagle

I don't know. This does look like a different team than before. They didn't let up. I'm liking the D jumping into the play more. I think their stick work is real good. It also looks like Virtanan and Hutton are turning out to be good players. I also really like the gritty depth guys (Schaller, Motte, Roussel), they make a huge difference in the style of game the Canucks are playing these days. It's really too bad Beagle is gone for 6 weeks, but looking forward to Pettersson coming back. He seems like a determined kid, and "the Johns" were saying he's been doing off ice workouts the last couple of days and feels okay. He'll be back in no time. I think they can keep this train a rollin'.  

Archived