The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weed

riffraff

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it won't. Its too intense for me, but I'm glad people won't go to jail or have their lives ruined over it anymore.

I think its a good 1st step, hopefully Canada comes around to decriminalizing opioid use and start treating that like the health problem it is. 

Hopefully Canada rounds up all the opiod dealers and nips the problem in the bud.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, mpt said:

As well as no one smokes it around me, I’m good.  No one should be allowed to violate my rights not to use by 2nd hand smoke.  If I can’t drink a beer walking down the street, why are you allowed to get high?

Hope you drive an electric vehicle :P

I kid I kid.  I agree, the same rules should apply as cigarette smoke in public areas but due to the psychotropic affects of the smoke should probably be more readily pushed outside of public areas where kids would be present.

Although, seeing some people's children...maybe smoking near them wouldn't be the worst idea

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, mpt said:

As well as no one smokes it around me, I’m good.  No one should be allowed to violate my rights not to use by 2nd hand smoke.  If I can’t drink a beer walking down the street, why are you allowed to get high?

Because we're better than you, on every conceivable level. 

I'm a medicinal user so the mystique of legalization day has been lost on me.

I'm still newish to it, maybe 8 months or so. I live in a row townhouse complex and went to both neighbors I share a wall with (Both elderly couples) and let them know my situation and they were both actually really cool about it. The one old lady said she hasn't smelled my weed yet, but said if she did, she might be tempted to join! HAHA.

• Upvote 3

The stuff being done with CBDs in the medical field has been absolutely incredible. Even athletes are beginning to use some of it to treat injuries. 

Legalization doesn't affect me but I really do hope that more people are willing to try medicinal marijuana. 

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 2

Just now, diesel_3 said:

I'm still newish to it, maybe 8 months or so. I live in a row townhouse complex and went to both neighbors I share a wall with (Both elderly couples) and let them know my situation and they were both actually really cool about it. The one old lady said she hasn't smelled my weed yet, but said if she did, she might be tempted to join! HAHA.

I really think edibles should be allowed in places where close proximity will be an issue, i.e. apartments, townhouses etc.

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I really think edibles should be allowed in places where close proximity will be an issue, i.e. apartments, townhouses etc.

We are a newer strata, there are no by-laws in place about no smoking, I was just trying to be a courteous neighbor, I actually 'vape' it out back where the master bedroom windows are. Had my wife sit right next to me while vaping (usually around .5g per session) it creates minimal smoke and she could not smell it within the same few foot area. I'll smoke a joint out front right before bed as it is only front door/laundry room window at front of buildings.

I haven't received a single complaint, even if they wanted me to walk to the sidewalk to smoke it, I would...it's 5-10 minutes of my time, I just prefer to do it in my own backyard in my chair.

7 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

That's awesome, I love open-minded people. My Dad is very against this whole thing, but yet my in-laws are using it themselves these days. Mother-in-law uses pain relief cream and the Father-in-law likes his chocolates :) Those are two people I thought would never even consider it and be totally against it, but they've tried it and see the benefits first hand.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

That's awesome, I love open-minded people. My Dad is very against this whole thing, but yet my in-laws are using it themselves these days. Mother-in-law uses pain relief cream and the Father-in-law likes his chocolates :) Those are two people I thought would never even consider it and be totally against it, but they've tried it and see the benefits first hand.

So true, Nucker!

My mom has been having some health issues as she gets in to her 60's and she is using edibles to sleep. My papa (grandpa) was always so old school. Classic started work at 16 and still butchers meat to this day, he is 83. Always so outspoken about.....anything. He's now taking CBD gel caps. My step dad who is a regular user, would have to hide it from him because the long-haired hippy rant would come out, but now the old whip is doing it himself!

With all that being said, I am not a doctor and don't claim to be an expert, but if anybody has questions about what has helped with certain symptoms they can feel free to post in here or PM me and I can try and give you any information that I have.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

So true, Nucker!

My mom has been having some health issues as she gets in to her 60's and she is using edibles to sleep. My papa (grandpa) was always so old school. Classic started work at 16 and still butchers meat to this day, he is 83. Always so outspoken about.....anything. He's now taking CBD gel caps. My step dad who is a regular user, would have to hide it from him because the long-haired hippy rant would come out, but now the old whip is doing it himself!

Wife and I were just in Vegas (where it's legal) and we bought some macaroons (and a few other things). We each had one during the evening and had the best sleep lol

They do make some amazing products these days. It's not just about lighting up a big doobie and throwing on a Pink Floyd album anymore. There are real health benefits to these products. Still love Pink Floyd though. :)

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

We are a newer strata, there are no by-laws in place about no smoking, I was just trying to be a courteous neighbor, I actually 'vape' it out back where the master bedroom windows are. Had my wife sit right next to me while vaping (usually around .5g per session) it creates minimal smoke and she could not smell it within the same few foot area. I'll smoke a joint out front right before bed as it is only front door/laundry room window at front of buildings.

I haven't received a single complaint, even if they wanted me to walk to the sidewalk to smoke it, I would...it's 5-10 minutes of my time, I just prefer to do it in my own backyard in my chair.

I smoke it in my bathroom during the summer months.  Turn on the bathroom fan and cover it with dryer sheets and no one will smell anything.  When it's cold outside I don't really care if my neighbours smell it, they can shut their windows(most are smokers). 

• Cheers 1