The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weed

riffraff

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

i thought marijuana was an immediate gateway to crack and heroin. Could millions of experts have been wrong?

Haha,

What's cool is now some are stating that it is a gateway drug the other way. It helps people get off hard drugs. 

I have a problem with the smell but I find it far nicer that cigs. If people weren't all so used to the second hand smoke/smell from cancer sticks I think more would agree with me.

Like a few drugs, people should be aware of the effects on the developing brain. The human brain develops into it's early 20's. There are studies that show marijuana can lead to all sorts of mental health conditions such as Bi-polar if consumed too young.  

Anyway, I'm happy. I have my career in Alcohol and this legalisation may take a bite out of business. But at the end of the day alcohol is very bad for you, addictive, hard on your liver(body)/brain/mood..etc.. and studies show that there is more links to cancer than previously thought.

Enjoy, smoke'm if ya got'em !

• Cheers 1

I for one have been waiting for this forever,the DRUG WAR IS OVER FOR POT,I must say I don't remember hearing too many big pharma opiod pushers giving some of the billions of dollars to help all the people whose lives they have ruined,but that's another story.

How many people have died from pot,zero that's how many.Try it, you'll like it.

Don't just be one of those old fart politicians who bitched about it(and still do) for so long without even trying it, and are now the ones investing in italong with high ranking ex-police,but again that's another story.

IF MONEY GREW ON TREES, WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO GROW THOSE TREES!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, HI5 said:

#LegalizeMDMA ...for my ptsd of course 

Personally, I believe all these so called "recreational drugs" should be legally available in Government Candy Stores.  We sell liquor and pot now, so why not sell it all?  I could see a time when cocaine, heroin, and all the nastiest drugs are sold, and bought legally.  Then we could levee a sin-tax to the max on them.  The tax dollars could pay for the increased medical expenses.  Right now, users buy those drugs illegally, which only supports a very nasty drug trade.  Maybe the big illegal drug cartels have too much of a voice in our government? 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

I doubt this will ever happen but as long as people don't smoke weed while walking, I'm ok with it. My biggest pet peeve with smokers is when they smoke and walk at the same time. The second hand smoke when walking behind them is infuriating but there's nothing I can do about it.

I also don't like walking behind someone who smokes cigarettes. Those things are disgusting. My easy fix for this problem is to walk in front of them. lol

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I also don't like walking behind someone who smokes cigarettes. Those things are disgusting. My easy fix for this problem is to walk in front of them. lol

Same. That's what I meant. Cigarettes. I try to rush pass them and try to give a dirty look when I pass.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Here's what I'm curious about they say you're allowed to carry up to 30 grams in public that's not even an eighth, so if you go to the store and buy more then 30 grams can you walk out of the store? You're now in the public with more then 30 grams because you just bought it, but now you're walking in the public with an illegal amount on you..... 

An eighth of what? 30 grams is more than an ounce. That’s quite a bit of weed for personal use. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, mpt said:

As well as no one smokes it around me, I’m good.  No one should be allowed to violate my rights not to use by 2nd hand smoke.  If I can’t drink a beer walking down the street, why are you allowed to get high?

Doesn't it have the same rules as smoking?  As in you can't just smoke it wherever you want?  

Personally, I don't like the smell, I have never done it and never felt like I wanted to but if this helps people then good for them.  I don't think its going to change much in the way people live their lives.  If people did it before they will continue doing it, and I doubt there will be many who will just start smoking up just because its suddenly legal.