The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weed

riffraff

30 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

I'm a medicinal user so the mystique of legalization day has been lost on me.

I'm still newish to it, maybe 8 months or so. I live in a row townhouse complex and went to both neighbors I share a wall with (Both elderly couples) and let them know my situation and they were both actually really cool about it. The one old lady said she hasn't smelled my weed yet, but said if she did, she might be tempted to join! HAHA.

Look into edibles.  Its really easy to do yourself.  Cook clipped flower at 240F for 45mins in a pyrex dish covered in foil.  This decarboxlylates  the THC (turns it from an acid into a digestible form).  With super dank crystally flower, put 150-200mg of flower on a cracker covered in peanut butter.  With crappier flower, 300-400mg of flower.  Top with another cracker with peanut butter, and you are set.  The fat in the peanutbutter helps the THC get into your system.  Your liver converts the THC into something called THC11 metabolite, which is more potent, and has 2-3x the halflife of THC.   The effect comes on slowly over an hour or so, and can last up to 6-7 instead of the 1-2 from smoking.  It comes on slower if you do it on a full stomach.  One last thing:  the longer you decarb the flower, the more the THC turns into CBD.    After about 3hrs though the CBD starts to degrade into non medicinal components.

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Look into edibles.  Its really easy to do yourself.  Cook clipped flower at 240F for 45mins in a pyrex dish covered in foil.  This decarboxlylates  the THC (turns it from an acid into a digestible form).  With super dank crystally flower, put 150-200mg of flower on a cracker covered in peanut butter.  With crappier flower, 300-400mg of flower.  Top with another cracker with peanut butter, and you are set.  The fat in the peanutbutter helps the THC get into your system.  Your liver converts the THC into something called THC11 metabolite, which is more potent, and has 2-3x the halflife of THC.   The effect comes on slowly over an hour or so, and can last up to 6-7 instead of the 1-2 from smoking.  It comes on slower if you do it on a full stomach.  One last thing:  the longer you decarb the flower, the more the THC turns into CBD.    After about 3hrs though the CBD starts to degrade into non medicinal components.

What does it look like coming out of the oven? Is it like a wax? I was given a magic butter machine but still haven't made anything with it. So do you just scrape up whatever is in that pyrex dish to use with the cracker/peanut butter?

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It won't. I have better $&!# to do, like watching TV or Youtube videos.

That being said, I'm pretty Libertarian in my beliefs, so I'm all for legalizing it. 

Doesn't mean I have to like weed culture though. Annoying as &^@#.

Isn't watching TV or Youtube videos essentially what weed culture is?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

What does it look like coming out of the oven? Is it like a wax? I was given a magic butter machine but still haven't made anything with it. So do you just scrape up whatever is in that pyrex dish to use with the cracker/peanut butter?

It will just be a little bit toasty.  Kind of a golden color.  The weed shouldn't 'melt', it will just be like super dry flower.  If you smoke a half gram joint, try 250mg of flower in an edible.  

The magic butter thing is similiar.  You just cook the flower in butter in a rice cooker type thing, right?  Its doing the same thing.  Its knocking off a carboxyl group off the THC-acid and turning it into something you can digest.  It takes longer though in butter, and, dosing is a little tricker.

Try the pyrex dish thing.  My sister has severe epilepsy and I have been doing this for her for years.  Usually do up 1/2 oz at a time in a casserole dish.

This is what it looks like when you do it right.

img1-2-1.jpg

Edited by xereau
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, xereau said:

It will just be a little bit toasty.  Kind of a golden color.  The weed shouldn't 'melt', it will just be like super dry flower.  If you smoke a half gram joint, try 250mg of flower in an edible.  

The magic butter thing is similiar.  You just cook the flower in butter in a rice cooker type thing, right?  Its doing the same thing.  Its knocking off a carboxyl group off the THC-acid and turning it into something you can digest.  It takes longer though in butter, and, dosing is a little tricker.

Try the pyrex dish thing.  My sister has severe epilepsy and I have been doing this for her for years.  Usually do up 1/2 oz at a time in a casserole dish.

This is what it looks like when you do it right.

img1-2-1.jpg

Awesome! I'm going to have to try that.

Might whip up a batch today, thanks @xereau

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Good point. It's almost like they make nonsensical decisions habitually....

i'm just having fun with our NDP friends.

I think its more that Horgan has a lot on his plate, and the  BC gov't isn't on a federal timeline. I suspect the retail applications will be put through soon, he doesn't want to risk people blaming him for a delay in product. 

Ten or even five years ago i would have been happy as a pig in $&!# to be able to pop into the local store and buy a blunt now it really doesnt faze me.I will probably grow my four plants though cause why not.

The funny part is in my former neighbourhood in calgary a store is opening all i would of had to do is walk 2min and i could buy some.

Edited by Violator

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think its more that Horgan has a lot on his plate, and the  BC gov't isn't on a federal timeline. I suspect the retail applications will be put through soon, he doesn't want to risk people blaming him for a delay in product. 

Perhaps Horgan has alot of  brownies on his plate ;)

• Haha 1

I doubt this will ever happen but as long as people don't smoke weed while walking, I'm ok with it. My biggest pet peeve with smokers is when they smoke and walk at the same time. The second hand smoke when walking behind them is infuriating but there's nothing I can do about it.

• Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

I doubt this will ever happen but as long as people don't smoke weed while walking, I'm ok with it. My biggest pet peeve with smokers is when they smoke and walk at the same time. The second hand smoke when walking behind them is infuriating but there's nothing I can do about it.

yeah I really hate that as well, it wafts up into our apartment too in the summer from that. I wish it didn't stink so much, smells like skunk pee to me. But maybe this will bring some better etiquette to it all. 

57 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

According the some reports, its going to take upto another year and a half for licenses to be approved and the NDP is leaving it upto the municipalities to decide on that. They also are delaying it as to not ruin the chances for NDP friendly candidates election hopes.

Edited by BowtieCanuck

3 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

According the some reports, its going to take upto another year and a half for licenses to be approved and the NDP is leaving it upto the municipalities to decide on that. They also are delaying it as to not ruin the chances for NDP friendly candidates election hopes.

Would it be a good business venture to open up a chips and cheesies store beside every outlet selling pot?  Or, even better, sell pot and chips in the same bags!!!!  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

thats dumb if true. There's this thing called the internet and people can see other provinces moving much faster. That will backfire. 

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would it be a good business venture to open up a chips and cheesies store beside every outlet selling pot?  Or, even better, sell pot and chips in the same bags!!!!  

Just buy a street meat cart and wheel it around to each dispensary.

$$$$$$$$$$

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You'll want to sell something that combats cottonmouth, like a milkshake stand. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Globe and mail article that i read made the ndp out to be the most competent.Seems like they were pushing real hard to get stores open its a loss in revenue for them its the municipalities that seem to be dragging feet on the issue as thats were the most backlash will be.

• Upvote 1