The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post When You Are Stoned

Rate this topic

Master 112

It's reefer madness--pandemonium on the streets, riots and flames general throughout all the major cities. Today, 17 October 2018, marijuana has been officially legalized in Canada. What disasters will result from this only DARE could have predicted.

Do you partake? Post here.

16 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

I should just come in and start typing one of my stoned ramblings. My wife is gone for 5 months and isn't here to listen to them.
Not a bad idea, @112 . Not a bad idea.....

Stoned ramblings are definitely going to be one of the major appeals of this thread. We're gonna make some copypastas, everyone!

30 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm not stoned yet, today..

Pretty much every post I've ever written after 9:00pm has been while stoned though.

9:00pm because that's when the kids are finally in their rooms for the night.

do you think that will change now? at what age do you think its OK to smoke in front of the kids? just curious. 

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Ha, I only post from work.  If I were to post at home while I am high I would have to post from my ps4, using the controller to type one letter at a time.  It would take me 20min to finish a sentence. 

It would be funny to see what your high mind would come up with. By the end of it you would forget how it started, it would be poetry.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

do you think that will change now? at what age do you think its OK to smoke in front of the kids? just curious. 

Good question, Jimmy... I'm still not going to smoke in their presence. 

I just don't like being high around them. I space out (duh) and it's awkward.

17 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Good question, Jimmy... I'm still not going to smoke in their presence. 

I just don't like being high around them. I space out (duh) and it's awkward.

My kids are grown now... I occasionally smoke with my younger son (19yrs).  My older son doesn't like smoking with me.  We have once or twice.  I think he feels awkward or paranoid around his dad? Lol!  I get it!  Anyway... When they were growing up I always waited until they were in bed or if in front of them (discreetly) when a party was at our home.  But just like you, I just felt spaced out, not connected to them in the way they needed from me... In our system. 

I'm just not great at multitasking while stoned... That's just me. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
14 minutes ago, Rodishred said:

My kids are grown now... I occasionally smoke with my younger son (19yrs).  My older son doesn't like smoking with me.  We have once or twice.  I think he feels awkward or paranoid around his dad? Lol!  I get it!  Anyway... When they were growing up I always waited until they were in bed or if in front of them (discreetly) when a party was at our home.  But just like you, I just felt spaced out, not connected to them in the way they needed from me... In our system. 

I was 16 the first time I smoked with my Dad. I had no idea he puffed, I was staying with him at the time (parents divorced) and came home stinking like weed, he was happy to share. I thought it was really weird at first, expected some sort of trap (like when he caught me smoking cigs).. Lol

A couple years later I dug in and helped one of his friends with a large outdoor grow, learned a lot that summer / fall.

I guess I'll cross that bridge (smoking with the kids) when I get to it. The wife and I keep them really busy with sports and arts, hope that keeps them straighter than I was... But I was a busy, athletic kid too...

I'd prefer they wait until their 20's, or don't smoke it at all, but we live on the Island and green is kinda part of our culture here...

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 3
10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I was 16 the first time I smoked with my Dad. I had no idea he puffed, I was staying with him at the time (parents divorced) and came home stinking like weed, he was happy to share. I thought it was really weird at first, expected some sort of trap (like when he caught me smoking cigs).. Lol

A couple years later I dug in and helped one of his friends with a large outdoor grow, learned a lot that summer / fall.

I guess I'll cross that bridge (smoking with the kids) when I get to it. The wife and I keep them really busy with sports and arts, hope that keeps them straighter than I was... But I was a busy, athletic kid too...

I'd prefer they wait until their 20's, or don't smoke it at all, but we live on the Island and green is kinda part of our culture here...

Yah hold off as long as you can.... It's a kid by kid basis!  Bottom line... as we all know is moderation.  Teaching by showing the kids respect with the use helps a lot!  I have plenty of stories... And even a couple when I didn't moderate myself with booze or weed and showed my kids the aftermath of my choice lol!!! They thought I was kinda weird to show them my state at that time but you know... I think it has workout so far.  Both my kids are way more respectful to their bodies and make much better choices (so far... And that I know of) then I at their age.  I'm just glad its above board now and can be talked about freely without shame or guilt.  Im happy you have that freedom now while raising your kids!

• Cheers 1
34 minutes ago, Rodishred said:

20 minutes ago, luckylager said:

My parents smoked(mom more so than my dad) but there was no way I wanted to smoke with them.  But holy @#$% did they have the primo stuff.  I remember searching for x-mas gifts when I came across their stash.  I used to pinch all the time off of them then one day we had the talk:

Mom - "Have you tried any drugs?"

Me - "Just weed."

Mom - "Where do you get your smoke from?"

Me - "From you."

After that she was my main supplier.  Known of my buddies could roll a joint properly so she taught me how to do that as well.  So word to the wise, lock up your stash. 

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1