The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post When You Are Stoned

Rate this topic

Master 112

8 hours ago, 112 said:

Green tea ice cream can be good $&!# on an icecream day, but u have to get lucky with the brand you get. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. Might be chancey.

Green tea ice cream? I feel like you gotta be feeling bold on that day to order that, haha.

@112 @falcon45ca @luckylager @Beluga Whale

If you could go back in time to any time period, what/when would it be?

Personally, it fascinates me as a history major, as there are endless possibilities. If I wanted to be basic, I would say French Revolution, heart of Paris. I can only imagine the romance, horror, and fun of the local citizen then, but knowing my luck, I would be reincarnated as Marie Antoinette.

If I host a mafia game, I think that will be theme. But only if BW plays.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Personally, it fascinates me as a history major, as there are endless possibilities. If I wanted to be basic, I would say French Revolution, heart of Paris. I can only imagine the romance, horror, and fun of the local citizen then, but knowing my luck, I would be reincarnated as Marie Antoinette.

Probably the Golden Age of Athens--so much of what are our cultural foundations as Western people go back to it. It was an extraordinary time of enlightenment, and a wide array of different philosophical views and views on mathematics/science were created by the great minds who lived there.

Culturally, Ancient Greece was such a fascinating place; I love their mythology and ideas on theology and am fond of how they practiced life. They were smarter than us in so many ways.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

I guess my answer is somewhat temporally vague...I'd love to witness Hellinistic Greece to the Death of Julius Ceasar, but that's like a 300 year gap...so to narrow it down, I'd like to visit 10 years before the death of Alex the Pretty Good to 30 years afterward. Of course I'd like to be in Greece during this time, no point in traveling to the past if you screw up the location.

• Cheers 2
Just now, 112 said:

Probably the Golden Age of Athens--so much of what are our cultural foundations as Western people go back to it. It was an extraordinary time of enlightenment, and a wide array of different philosophical views and views on mathematics/science were created by the great minds who lived there.

Culturally, Ancient Greece was such a fascinating place; I love their mythology and ideas on theology and am fond of how they practiced life. They were smarter than us in so many ways.

What, for reals?

GTFO of Dodge 

Just now, 112 said:

Ok, to choose another, less similar time period, I now choose the Italian Renaissance OR! The roaring 20's...actually no.

The roaring 20's. &^@# yeah, what a time to be alive...oh the 20's in America...like I said, time travel ain't $&!# without the proper destination.

Edited by falcon45ca
Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

Dude, revolutionary France? They were slicing all kinds of throats, aristocrat or not.

I'd almost rather be a Menshivik

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

Damn...

"Cunning, plundering, stealthy beast"...

"Run sinfully sound, beautiful & colourful"...

While I've read a smattering of Nietzsche, the imagery this invokes is...profound

I'm pretty sure he was going off his rocker when he wrote it.

3 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

1858-68 puts him at 24 or younger...its very reminiscent of English romanticism 

nah, it's dated in the fall of 1888.

e: the banner at the top isn't the actual date for the content of the page, check the bottom

Edited by 112
Just now, 112 said:

It was essentially his last publication before he broke down in the streets and white knighted the horse.

But this is the REAL interesting stuff: http://www.thenietzschechannel.com/correspondence/eng/nlett-1889.htm

Now that's when he'd gone a touch mad, but these were written much later.

There's a lack of cohesion between the ideas, but the figure Dionysus remains the same: I think he's quite sane in the "Only Fool! Only Poet", and less so in the latter correspondance