The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Oct. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

ILL TAKE IT XD LETS GET DRUNK

2367s.jpg

Looks like this fella from shot in the dark lol. He resembles the kid really well without his hat lol.

You know what I mean if you've seen the show "shot in the dark".

MV5BYWQzZTdhM2QtNzU5OS00ZmZjLThmNmQtMzA0YTRhNGJhNjk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODExNTExMTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,711,1000_AL_.jpg

46 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

&^@# yeah! Looking forward to Sharthand getting leveled. Yes!

Philly, if a Canuck ever connects a huge open ice hit on that turd, I'll buy his jersey. I don't even care if I have to buy a Del Zotto jersey if, if he destroys that $&!#stain.

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Thanks lucky. I love how this team never quits, like Stech said. They keep on coming and doing whatever they can to win. 

I'm thinking that they'll gain the respect of the league by their hard work, tenacity, willingness to commit, and that Gudbranson will fracture the skull of anyone who dares fight him. 

this team keeps on coming better

and its never quit is improved

when ep40 is in the line up

just not quite as evident or effecitve without him

9 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Heck even Edler cross checking/boarding on Perreault tonight in a 1-1 tie and Myers jumps in to stick up for his guy. They lost the PP they were about to get. He does this even after a heart breaking loss to Edmonton the night before.

And the team replied by waking up 

point is it brings a team together so they play and act like a wolf pack 

55 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Honestly the Canucks schedule sucks for the first month and half.   I'm not sure what will happen in the Bruins game but they usually play them well.  I looked at the TOI in 3rd.  DP had the most ice time.  Everyone had 7, 8 or 9 shifts in the 3rd.  I think eveyone is tired.  I hope they come out hard on Saturday.

Tanev had the most at 7:44. ....... Pouliot had 7:03

That was a brutal road trip, lots of travel and good opponents . Pleased with the teams effort in every game. Tonight you could tell they weren’t as sharp but it was to be expected.

i know we had a winning lineup so TG stuck with them but I would have preferred to see leiper, mdz and marky in there cause they have juice in the tank.

It's obvious this team is better than what many people thought in the summer. As long as we stay healthy, we get team contributions, and get good goaltending, we can compete. 

Just remember when the Oilers broke into the league back in 1979 with so much young talent, they lost heavily until they contended (got curb stomped by the Islanders), before their era opened until they dominated.

Different era, of course, but we are turning a corner. Feels somewhat similar but ... we'll see. 

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Jets will feel good about this win until they go outside and are reminded they live in Winnipeg.

Bro I moved to Vancouver from Edmonton....okay, I can see why vancouverite s brag. It really is a beautiful city. Edmonton is a slightly better version of Winnipeg.

7 minutes ago, FedorFedorov said:

Bro I moved to Vancouver from Edmonton....okay, I can see why vancouverite s brag. It really is a beautiful city. Edmonton is a slightly better version of Winnipeg.

Gotta say, I've never met a person from Winnipeg I didn't like. 

Good people in the Peg.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Other than another solid gritty game he got in the mix and looked to verbally challenge a jet during a scrum.

really liking this player.

That's good to hear. That player has got a lot of guts, I remember he challenged Gudbranson last year.

We got beat by a better team at the end of a road trip. The home team had a chip on their shoulder from the night before and we are missing out best player and our best penalty killer. Don't over analyze it. Just reset and prepare for Boston. 

When is 40 back?

The way I see it the Canucks are relying on Edler too much but they don’t have a choice. Outside of Tanev, Edler  and Stecher every other d man is bottom pairing quality.

Pouliot is alright too and a good top 4 fill in.

Gudbranson makes lots of bad reads, Hutton is inconsistent. 

Mdz is another so so dman. 

We are desperately missing a true number 1-2 dman.

16 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

I missed the game, what did Schaller do?

Well it wasn't just Schaller. We had Gud involved and JV had some pushing and shoving against Copp in the 2nd period.

Basically, we were losing the game but we still had fight left in us.

It was a long road trip but I guess there has been some bonding during this trip. 

Archived