The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Oct. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, apollo said:

I wonder what's gonna happen on the D end...

Guddy is by far the toughest and most intimidating D-man we have on our team... absolutely love the guy... that said he's probably got the worst passing and shooting ability as well. It's RIP offense when he's on the ice.

Do we bring in MDZ for Guddy?

Man... 3 years for 4 AAV.

Honestly I'm more of a fan on the Loui contract than the Guddy one.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Tryamkin has always been overrated by the fans and he himself. Other than his size and physical pressence, if he was a good player, it would have showed in the 1.5 seasons he played here. Hope hes gotten better from the year off in the KHL. But doubt he comes back as a bona fide top 4 Dman on any NHL team. 

He move's well for a big man and had an ok shot.

He just fit on our team well. He is a nuclear deterrent for people that might mess around with our smaller players. Not that he fights, he doesn't need to. I can remember him pushing over half the Ducks and in another game just his size destroyed poor Brad Richardson 

Don't listen to the announcers, it wasn't big T's stick. It was just ...Big T

15 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Tryamkin has always been overrated by the fans and he himself. Other than his size and physical pressence, if he was a good player, it would have showed in the 1.5 seasons he played here. Hope hes gotten better from the year off in the KHL. But doubt he comes back as a bona fide top 4 Dman on any NHL team. 

While I will agree that some of the fan base do certainly overrate him as some sort of second coming... but he's shown he can certainly play at a bottom 4 level and certainly has higher upside than that (whether that actually gets realized is yet TBD).

Would love tyo see something like this next year:

Edler, Hughes

Juolevi, Gudbranson

Tryamkin, Stecher

*Tanev moved for futures

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

While I will agree that some of the fan base do certainly overrate him as some sort of second coming... but he's shown he can certainly play at a bottom 4 level and certainly has higher upside than that (whether that actually gets realized is yet TBD).

Would love tyo see something like this next year:

Edler, Hughes

Juolevi, Gudbranson

Tryamkin, Stecher

*Tanev moved for futures

That blue line would be a breath of fresh air if it happens like that. Nice line up!

No complaints here.  they played as hard as the could, they just didn't have enough gas in the tank after a long, emotional road trip.  I would have been happy with one win on a road trip where they played a lot of elite teams, to come out of that trip at .500 is amazing.

I do think people should be prepared for the poorest game of them all to happen on Saturday.  that first game at home, after a long road trip (especially so soon after), is usually a stinker.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

No complaints here.  they played as hard as the could, they just didn't have enough gas in the tank after a long, emotional road trip.  I would have been happy with one win on a road trip where they played a lot of elite teams, to come out of that trip at .500 is amazing.

I do think people should be prepared for the poorest game of them all to happen on Saturday.  that first game at home, after a long road trip (especially so soon after), is usually a stinker.

Yep,

Give Marky the start. Do not bring EP back early, facing that team with the rat rolling around. 

Try to play nice and tight, wait for counter attack opportunities...says this armchair coach. 

16 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

Been a while since I've turned off a Canucks game..

See....this is the kind of crap I’m talking about. We didn’t play that bad and fans our turning it off just because we look like we may lose. We are supposed to lose! Especially with no pettersen!

this is why I made that thread about not getting too carried away with our start.

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Yep,

Give Marky the start. Do not bring EP back early, facing that team with the rat rolling around. 

Try to play nice and tight, wait for counter attack opportunities...says this armchair coach. 

One thing I'd love to see against Boston is Edler and Gudbranson reunited as a defense pairing. They were the bane of the Pastrnak - Bergeron - Marchand line. Neutralizing them completely, and giving that rat faced #$%* a rough ride.

16 hours ago, apollo said:

We played alright... end of a long road trip after humiliating the Pengiuns...

Very... and I mean very questionable penalty on Edler that led to the 2-1 goal

Big game vs Boston coming up... %100 start Nilly again.

I was so devastated after the Sedins retired and never thought I'd enjoy Canucks this much... boy was I wrong. What a squad JB has put together!

What about the very and I mean very questionable goaltender interference call against the jets on Nilsson in the second?

easy to be biased and just see it one way.

sometimes the better team wins and the jets are world ahead of us. Who’s going to argue that. Well besides you?

if JB traded or signed free agents as good as he found steals like ep and boeser we’d be a playoff team.

his signings term and money and cap handing is busy league. We could have tkachuk and nylander or ehlers over virtanennand juolevi.

yeah I’m a bit more reserved on Benning praise until I see more good then bad. The bad still outweighs the good we’ve had no sustained success wth him even if our prospects look good, they could look great if it wasn’t for some of his misshandlings.

Just now, Bertuzzi44ever said:

What about the very and I mean very questionable goaltender interference call against the jets on Nilsson in the second?

easy to be biased and just see it one way.

sometimes the better team wins and the jets are world ahead of us. Who’s going to argue that. Well besides you?

Ya that interference call on Meyers was a joke.

9 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

See....this is the kind of crap I’m talking about. We didn’t play that bad and fans our turning it off just because we look like we may lose. We are supposed to lose! Especially with no pettersen!

this is why I made that thread about not getting too carried away with our start.

I think it's the culmination of no 40, bad defense and poor officiating. I turned it off as well. 

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well said stawns

Totally agree with second point. It happens all the time.

On top of that Boston has two losses in a row. They will be hungry, much like the Jets were hungry after giving up two in their previous game.

45 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

One thing I'd love to see against Boston is Edler and Gudbranson reunited as a defense pairing. They were the bane of the Pastrnak - Bergeron - Marchand line. Neutralizing them completely, and giving that rat faced #$%* a rough ride.

I like that pairing better too, but, as much as I love Guddy, I'm not sure he can play the big mins like Eddie.

42 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Ya that interference call on Meyers was a joke.

brutal call.  The 2nd Edler penalty was a little sketchy, but he did have his stick in there and he did make a move toward the player and away form the puck.  I don't think I would have called it, but can see why it was called.

Was not surprised to see Winnipeg roll over Van.

That is a really good team... big, strong, lots of speed, lots of skill, and a good goaltender.  They finished 2nd in the league last year for a reason.

Score definitely could have been closer... there were several missed opportunities... and I thought the Refs ignored some clear infractions by the Jets.

Just glad the Canucks got out of the game without any extra injuries... always a potential when a defense the size of Winnipeg's is your opposition.

Now the Canucks are up against Boston and anther really skilled team... lets see what Marchand and crew bring.

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

brutal call.  The 2nd Edler penalty was a little sketchy, but he did have his stick in there and he did make a move toward the player and away form the puck.  I don't think I would have called it, but can see why it was called.

Agreed.  I wouldn’t have called it.  I don’t see him intentionally placing the stick in there.  The jet held his ground and there was a good one one thousand at least from the tie up to the fall at the boards.  Looked like a fair battle and if you’re “managing” the game as a ref, it was poor timing.

Archived