The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucky find at the thrift store!

beauskee

• 2 months later...

I found these at a thrift shop today away from Seattle.  I was supposed to go to San Francisco today, but rescheduled last night.  It's interesting what you can find when your day plans change!

Well, these are Dolce & Gabbana, and I paid $5.00 and something cents for them!  I really like the buttons - DG, and they look sort of vintage.

20190105_174259.thumb.jpg.27c96a7e82b0998d89692375f9a6b981.jpg

1 hour ago, brilac said:

I found these at a thrift shop today away from Seattle.  I was supposed to go to San Francisco today, but rescheduled last night.  It's interesting what you can find when your day plans change!

Well, these are Dolce & Gabbana, and I paid $5.00 and something cents for them!  I really like the buttons - DG, and they look sort of vintage.

20190105_174259.thumb.jpg.27c96a7e82b0998d89692375f9a6b981.jpg

Thrift store strikes again.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Don't even have a clue what you're saying.

Playing Pogs with buddies it was common practice to play high wager games for slammers (always picking your worst ones)

But they came out with these heavy metal 'buzzsaw' slammers and it was always a rule that you couldn't use them because they would wreck the Pogs haha.

Image result for pog buzzsaw slammer

15 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

Playing Pogs with buddies it was common practice to play high wager games for slammers (always picking your worst ones)

But they came out with these heavy metal 'buzzsaw' slammers and it was always a rule that you couldn't use them because they would wreck the Pogs haha.

Image result for pog buzzsaw slammer

O ok. I never got into pogs when I was younger but I do remember them now.

My son had them...still kicking around here somewhere. 

I used to love thrift stores until I learned about bed bugs.  Then it abruptly ended as I am terrified of the thought of bringing home more than I expected.  But got many treasures over the years.  A signed Linden picture in a free box at a garage sale.  The Pearl Jam demo CD too (with The Beatles I've Got A Feeling on it).

21 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I used to love thrift stores until I learned about bed bugs.  Then it abruptly ended as I am terrified of the thought of bringing home more than I expected.  But got many treasures over the years.  A signed Linden picture in a free box at a garage sale.  The Pearl Jam demo CD too (with The Beatles I've Got A Feeling on it).

Yeah, I am terrified of that too! I am particular of what I bring home, no furniture.  And hotels, I am very particular.  I am terrified. 

If worried about bed bugs...put items in a plastic bag sealed up. When you're home throw them right in the dryer. It kills any alive ones or eggs.  

1 hour ago, brilac said:

Yeah, I am terrified of that too! I am particular of what I bring home, no furniture.  And hotels, I am very particular.  I am terrified. 

I run a hotel and let me tell you...it doesn't matter how particular you are. All the new big hotels build in a 'heat room' to heat up items after infestation to kill them off.  Every hotel in Vancouver will have had an outbreak at some point. They come with guests and stay...then a few weeks later they strike another guest and pest control is brought in. 

We use a sniffer dog in every room 2-3 times a year.  Even that isn't fool proof. All our new beds we put bug proof encasements on. My hotel has been good for over 3 years now. The Four Seasons (best hotel brand in the world imo) has had multiple outbreaks. Nothing we can do to fully stop it. 

On 1/6/2019 at 12:12 PM, debluvscanucks said:

Hey cutie, bed bugs.. yes creepy as _____ but you can get them from high end executive hotel suites to movie theatres, buses, rental cars/trucks etc etc.. been finding the coolest $&!#e in thrift shops for years.. don't let that stop you k? My latest find was a pair of red wing leather motorbike riding boots in near new condition for 29$ were online new for $300+ plus shipping.. and a lot of hockey cards/collectables for dirt cheap like the garage sale find.. anyway, don't let the fear of bugs stop ya k?!

Archived