The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Canucks vs. Bruins, Rat Infestation Edition, Saturday, Oct. 20th, 2018 at 7 PM

Qwags

There's something rotten in the state of Massachusetts.

Related image

The only solution? A dose of rat poison.

Related image

To prevent reproduction, we neuter all specimens.

Image result for prust spears marchand

This message is brought to you by the Government of Canada. Please report all rat infestations to your local exterminator.

LINEUP: BAER-HORVAT-BOESER

ERIKSSON-GAUDETTE-GOLDY

ROUSSEL-SUTTER-VIRTANEN

SCHALLER-GRANNY-MOTTE\

EDLER-TANEV

HUTTON-GUDDY

STECHER-POUILOT

NILSSON

MARKY

LAST MEETING: 

Looking forward to this one. Hope Guddy or Virtanen put Marchand in his place.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

31 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

It's a shame he's such a douchebag. I know that he made his name as an agitator but he has really become an offensive star. Once Burr became an offensive contributor he cut back on the agitation, but as the Rat has become one of the games better players he has actually stepped up the agitation. 

This is honestly what frustrates me so much about his recent development. He had a chance to re-brand himself as an offensive star instead of a rat and intentionally threw it away, preferring to continue being a dirt bag.

4 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

It's a shame he's such a douchebag. I know that he made his name as an agitator but he has really become an offensive star. Once Burr became an offensive contributor he cut back on the agitation, but as the Rat has become one of the games better players he has actually stepped up the agitation. 

Or at least the “lickitation”, other than disgusting not sure how well those antics worked for him, other than backfiring and causing much embarrassment for him and his teammates.   If he wasn’t such a great player now, and declined instead, it wouldn’t be surprising to see him fired from his team much the way PIT fired Cooke after one too many cheap shoots.   

2 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Vancouver’l media’s infatuation with the Bruins was starting to get creepy in 2014.  In 2018, it’s just sad and pathetic.  

I dont care about Marchand, Chara, “man handling” the Bruins, or getting revenge for 2011.

i just care about getting two points.

@J-23,

What I meant by my post, is that Boston is just another team for me now, and that I find it surprising that many media members of Vancouver (ie David Pratt) are still obsessed with 2011.  

For me personally, I don’t care about beating Boston and getting revenge for our 2011 loss. We already did that in 2012.   I only care about winning and getting the two points.  To me, Boston is now in the Islander/Ranger category (ie cup loss was too long ago for me to be emotionally fired up).

2 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Vancouver’l media’s infatuation with the Bruins was starting to get creepy in 2014.  In 2018, it’s just sad and pathetic.  

I dont care about Marchand, Chara, “man handling” the Bruins, or getting revenge for 2011.

i just care about getting two points.

It’s ok to hate them you know.  Things like that do take years to get over, two game sevens, two riots (the first one was forgiven, the second helped make us one of the most hated franchise in the league) leaves some scarring.  Marchand is a rat who’s never received his payment or recompense for 2011 and likely never will ( or at least until Chara retires), the amount of what if’s in this forum (what if Kesler wasn’t playing with a mutilated hamstring that was hanging by a thread, what if we ran Thomas and took him out of the series or whatever) indicate that the fans still think about it.  

Just like 94, those that were around to watch the games have a long memory, we don’t need the media to remind us.  Maybe within the next ten years this team will help exorcise our demons?  Agree two points are important, especially against THEM.

6 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

@J-23,

What I meant by my post, is that Boston is just another team for me now, and that I find it surprising that many media members of Vancouver (ie David Pratt) are still obsessed with 2011.  

For me personally, I don’t care about beating Boston and getting revenge for our 2011 loss. We already did that in 2012.   I only care about winning and getting the two points.  To me, Boston is now in the Islander/Ranger category (ie cup loss was too long ago for me to be emotionally fired up).

Say WHAT?  I still hate the NYR and ISL TOO!  

Edit:  ok not the Islanders, never had a chance against them.  Actually admire them.  Now NYR, I hate that it had to be Messier (because it was hard not to like him and what he accomplished up until then) who came in a short few years after, with Keenan in tow (who I really didn’t like), throwing a hand grenade into a lineup that included Linden, Mogilny and Bure at the time (best team on paper we ever had, if big head could have left well enough alone and excepted a second line Center role at the time we’d could have been a contender).   See still bugs me. 

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It’s ok to hate them you know.  Things like that do take years to get over, two game sevens, two riots (the first one was forgiven, the second helped make us one of the most hated franchise in the league) leaves some scarring.  Marchand is a rat who’s never received his payment or recompense for 2011 and likely never will ( or at least until Chara retires), the amount of what if’s in this forum (what if Kesler wasn’t playing with a mutilated hamstring that was hanging by a thread, what if we ran Thomas and took him out of the series or whatever) indicate that the fans still think about it.  

Just like 94, those that were around to watch the games have a long memory, we don’t need the media to remind us.  Maybe within the next ten years this team will help exorcise our demons?  Agree two points are important, especially against THEM.

I was only 1 years old for the Islanders and was still a kid when the Nucks/Rangers happened.  I think that’s why I didn’t take any of those losses that hard.

As far as Boston goes, I took the loss insanely hard.  Took me a good 2.5 years to recover and the only reason I ever did recover, was because I got lucky with some of my other sports teams.  BC Lions, Miami Heat, and the Seattle Seahawks all won championships and so that helped me chip away at the hurt of 2011.  The Canucks beating Boston in 2012, along with their Presidents Trophy win, also helped chip away at the hurt.

i guess that’s the reason why I feel bad for any of my fellow Canuck fans that are hurting over 2011.  I know how painful that it was, and it honestly felt as bad as break up pain for me.

for those still suffering from that loss, I hope you can get over it one day.

i think another reason why Canucks/Bruins has no significance for me anymore, is due to the fact that no one is really left anymore.  Edler, Tanev, Chara, and Marchand. Is there anyone else?

Archived