The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Capitals @ Canucks Oct 22 2018

ForzaTikare

2 minutes ago, Qwags said:

I've enough of the dump and chase.

You need to have players in position to actually retrieve the puck when you do that, and toughness to make the hit to grind the puck back or the speed to beat the D man in. 

Not be the lead man dumping the puck with the support being somewhere around the blue line behind you as you make the red. 

That doesn't usually work so well. 

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Green should considering sitting Gudbranson for a game.  That craptastic penalty screwed us.

Gudbranson should be sat because he's a liability out there also. His foot speed is so slow...

What a boring game. We are sliding back into the dreaded eek out a win if you can syndrome.  And no hits at the Rog. I want to see fast and tough hockey. You can't try to out finesse Washington but you can try to out hit them. Show more balls guys and take away their time and space.

We are lucky to be 500 for this short home stand.

• -SN- unfeatured this topic
20 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Eriksson needs to take some time off to find himself he looks lost and it’s honestly sad.

so you figure after 2 full seasons here all he needs is some time off "to find himself" then what? He comes back and hes the same player he was 5 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

to be fair someone just lobbing the puck to someone =/= a puck traveling in to the stands at 90MPH. i get where you're coming from but i wouldn't really call that a safety issue since that happens in other buildings every night. rogers is just run by bunch of uptight nazis

Dude. The guy threw it overhand. If his accuracy and power isn't there, he could hurt someone. It'd be different if he threw it underhanded but he threw it overhand and looked to me like he threw it as hard as he could

36 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

What a boring game. We are sliding back into the dreaded eek out a win if you can syndrome.  And no hits at the Rog. I want to see fast and tough hockey. You can't try to out finesse Washington but you can try to out hit them. Show more balls guys and take away their time and space.

With no Wilson, we should have came out hitting. They have nobody aside from Ovechkin and DSP that can run over people consistently

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

He's really coming into his own this season.

Love the effort he's putting in

Greens comments after the game weren't overly positive about Goldy. He said there was lots about his game tonight that he didn't like....obviously he's the coach and knows much more than I but I thought his game was pretty consistent and strong.

7 hours ago, Fan since 82 said:

Greens comments after the game weren't overly positive about Goldy. He said there was lots about his game tonight that he didn't like....obviously he's the coach and knows much more than I but I thought his game was pretty consistent and strong.

I dunno that commitment he had to two way play a couple of games ago seems hard for him to maintain. 

Archived