The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights re-sign Nate Schmidt

Considering he was tested positive for PEDs, I would've like to have seen how he performs without it to see if he is the same player before a mega contract. If he continues to play like he did last season then this would be a good deal, but if he drops back off to what he was in Washington, then they're lucky they have a lot of cap space to work with for the time being.

If you are gonna gamble on anybody why not gamble on Karlsson? Throwing big term and money at other guys but not him, it's weird. 

I don't know a ton about Schmidt, but he had 36 points (more points last season than the previous 2 seasons combined) and played 22 minutes a game last season. Clearly coaching staff trusted him with big minutes. 

14 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If you are gonna gamble on anybody why not gamble on Karlsson? Throwing big term and money at other guys but not him, it's weird. 

I don't know a ton about Schmidt, but he had 36 points (more points last season than the previous 2 seasons combined) and played 22 minutes a game last season. Clearly coaching staff trusted him with big minutes. 

that was a big outlier from his career numbers, which are about 1/2 that. Last years Knights were an anomaly in all likelihood but these guys are getting term for that year, other than WK which as you say is odd. 

McPhee has made some curious decisions so far. With all the picks and trades they had you'd think they'd have an impressive prospect pool, but its not. That Tatar deal was a real head scratcher, it cost them so much in terms of future assets. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that was a big outlier from his career numbers, which are about 1/2 that. Last years Knights were an anomaly in all likelihood but these guys are getting term for that year, other than WK which as you say is odd. 

McPhee has made some curious decisions so far. With all the picks and trades they had you'd think they'd have an impressive prospect pool, but its not. That Tatar deal was a real head scratcher, it cost them so much in terms of future assets. 

Yeah that's why I put the "more points than his previous two seasons combined" in there too. It could for all we know be that one off really good season. But I dunno, you get 22 minutes a game on one of the best teams in the league you gotta wonder just how good he is. Wish I had time to watch more games. I know next to nothing about this guy.

Alls I know is the situation with Karlsson doesn't match the situations with Tuch and Schmidt. Didn't wanna give term and money to Karlsson cause of one really good season but give money and term to Schmidt and Tuch for one really good season just seems contradictory. Karlsson had more points than both of em combined yet he needs to prove himself some more whereas they don't. Lol. Whatever, after that post about Vancouver I hope McPhee burns the franchise to the ground. Find a way to give a goalie a 15 year contract.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah that's why I put the "more points than his previous two seasons combined" in there too. It could for all we know be that one off really good season. But I dunno, you get 22 minutes a game on one of the best teams in the league you gotta wonder just how good he is. Wish I had time to watch more games. I know next to nothing about this guy.

Alls I know is the situation with Karlsson doesn't match the situations with Tuch and Schmidt. Didn't wanna give term and money to Karlsson cause of one really good season but give money and term to Schmidt and Tuch for one really good season just seems contradictory. Karlsson had more points than both of em combined yet he needs to prove himself some more whereas they don't. Lol. Whatever, after that post about Vancouver I hope McPhee burns the franchise to the ground. Find a way to give a goalie a 15 year contract.

what did he say? I missed that 

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

It wasn't McPhee, it was Vegas fans. It was posted in the GDT. It was a Back to the Future reference about the Canucks still not having a cup in 2078 :(  It cut me deep.

ahh lets give them that one, we will always have the Pettersson-Glass comparison as our go to. 

Archived