Canucks Community
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Canucks recall Darren Archibald and Brendan Gaunce

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If we could only do that for every Canuck player...

remember Dolly the Sheep..........just sayin

You gotta reward Archie during times like this for his loyalty and dedication to the franchise, what would that say to other young guys if they see someone like Archie who never gets a shot no matter how hard he works.

Personally, I would like to see what MacEwen can do in the NHL, he has all the tools to be a legit bottom 6 NHL player, with a story of character to complete it, but I understand why Archie deserves some minutes

Personally i'm happy gaunce gets a chance. He proved to be decent at faceoffs and clearly we need someone who can win them.

Edited by Where'd Luongo?

13 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

People might nitpick here..but I'm thinking we need to spread out skill, size, speed, experience & defensive-awareness...

Goldobin - EP40 - Eriksson

Schaller - Horvat - Boeser

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Granlund - Archibald

backup: Gaunce(just got back; Loui best wake up, or BG might slide in soon)

Leipsic sellin' popcorn. Maybe waive this kid?

I bump this(laziness) for the next page. Maybe some of you way-out cats can post some groovy lineups?..

22 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

People might nitpick here..but I'm thinking we need to spread out skill, size, speed, experience & defensive-awareness...

Goldobin - EP40 - Eriksson

Schaller - Horvat - Boeser

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Granlund - Archibald

backup: Gaunce(just got back; Loui best wake up, or BG might slide in soon)

Leipsic sellin' popcorn. Maybe waive this kid?

Swap Roussel and Schaller, do not want . Schaller anywhere near Bo or Brock

3 minutes ago, logic said:

I actually like(most) of what we've seen from that bloke, thus far. What has he done/not done, that you feel doesn't cut it?

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I actually like(most) of what we've seen from that bloke, thus far. What has he done/not done, that you feel doesn't cut it?

I really like Schaller as a bottom six option, but offensively he will hold back Bo and Brock as he doesn't have the speed or skill to fit-in on the line,  Roussel fits in a bit better imo

• Thanks 1

Maybe I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing but I feel like Gaudette needs to go back down to play top minutes in Utica and refine his game.

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Maybe I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing but I feel like Gaudette needs to go back down to play top minutes in Utica and refine his game.

He fits in as NHL player, but he will peak at what he is without more refinement 

Just now, logic said:

He fits in as NHL player, but he will peak at what he is without more refinement 

Yea I can agree that he CAN play in the NHL but when he loses almost every face-off and can't quite get it together offensively I wonder if he should be here.

I like the fact that they have brought more size. I would like to see LE sit and watch. Put in both Archie and Gaunce.

2 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Yea I can agree that he CAN play in the NHL but when he loses almost every face-off and can't quite get it together offensively I wonder if he should be here.

Trying to give him a taste so he can see for himself what he needs to work on, its easier to see for yourself what guys are beating you on than just told you have to improve certain things.

Injuries certainly may have helped him out for getting games, but I don't expect him to play more than 40 games this year

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, logic said:

I loved Schaller with Bo. Granlund and Bo are worth a second look Schaller is a beast on the wall and made a ton happen. 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, logic said:

Not sure if you watched last nights game, but Schaller was an absolute beast with Bo and Granlund.

That line deserves another look for sure, and I am betting Green would agree with that

• Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Not sure if you watched last nights game, but Schaller was an absolute beast with Bo and Granlund.

That line deserves another look for sure, and I am betting Green would agree with that

I did not, was working

• Thanks 1

Just now, logic said:

I did not, was working

Ah that makes sense then.

I suggest watching if you PVR'd, Schaller was a pleasant surprise on that line. It allowed Bo to not have to be the sole heavy boards guy, and could see him using this chance to cut to the net more frequently.

It could have been just a lucky game, but the three of them looked good together

45 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

He, Gaudette, does not lose almost every face off. He is sitting at about 42%...similar to William Karlsson and Brayden Point among others.

But yes...he does need to improve his face offs imo.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

Our roster is brutal with these injuries. I like the move to 14F though. 

I guess this means Granlund back to centre, and once of Archibald/Gaunce/Leipsic on wing. Pick your poison.

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I'm going to wait to see what ice time Gaudette gets with Sutter out before I agree completely.  But yeah, the long term plan needs to have Gaudette playing in all situations this year (most likely spot being in the AHL)