The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Darren Archibald and Brendan Gaunce

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Didn't know he was sent down.  Call Archie Yoyo

Busy week for Darren Archibald.

Oct 23, 2018 - Darren Archibald recalled from the Utica Comets (AHL).

Oct 28, 2018 - Darren Archibald assigned to the Utica Comets (AHL).

Oct 30, 2018 - Darren Archibald recalled from the Utica Comets (AHL).

33 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Busy week for Darren Archibald.

Oct 23, 2018 - Darren Archibald recalled from the Utica Comets (AHL).

Oct 28, 2018 - Darren Archibald assigned to the Utica Comets (AHL).

Oct 30, 2018 - Darren Archibald recalled from the Utica Comets (AHL).

thats likely 12 flights, at least. Thats a long week for anyone, 

As much as it would hurt Utica, we probably should've called up a center. We are going to be overworking Horvat if he is the only dependable center and his injury will come soon at this rate. If we are not calling up a center then Green simply will have to trust Pettersson, Gaudette and Granlund to take draws instead of putting Horvat out for faceoff duty all game. I assume Gaunce is injured otherwise this would've been a good time for him to showcase himself.

Just now, theo5789 said:

As much as it would hurt Utica, we probably should've called up a center. We are going to be overworking Horvat if he is the only dependable center and his injury will come soon at this rate. If we are not calling up a center then Green simply will have to trust Pettersson, Gaudette and Granlund to take draws instead of putting Horvat out for faceoff duty all game. I assume Gaunce is injured otherwise this would've been a good time for him to showcase himself.

The Comets last played on the 26th - he was in the lineup.  It was his 1st game back from injury.   

24 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

For what it's worth, the current Canucks' roster actually has several players who can play center.  My guess is management wants to let MacEwen continue to grow in the AHL and is prepared to have one of Granlund, Schaller or Motte play center while possibly giving Gaudette more responsibilities.  I agree with others that I would have liked the Canucks to call up MacEwen but the Comets are decimated with their own injuries and it's a good opportunity for MacEwen to take a leadership role there.  I do hope the Canucks eventually give MacEwen a call up to encourage him and the progress he has made.

When Sutter got hurt last night, it felt like the Canucks are living in a Final Destination story with injury out to get them.  It's not like the Canucks have escaped injury before though so this is an unbelievable string of bad luck over several years.

17 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

:picard:

Maybe ask yourself if @vannuck59 may have been referring to a different part of your post? (you know, the part that was an opinion..)

Sorry I guess scoring a goal in your only game (the only goal scored in said game) = deserving a spot is an opinion. 

I also guess that scoring 9 points in 27 games as a 4th liner = proving himself is also an opinion.

I also guess that being visibly harder to play against and putting out full effort in preseason = proving himself is also an opinion.

Opinions that most people hold, and clearly the coaching and mgmt staff hold. One might almost say they are facts.

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Sorry I guess scoring a goal in your only game (the only goal scored in said game) = deserving a spot is an opinion. 

I also guess that scoring 9 points in 27 games as a 4th liner = proving himself is also an opinion.

I also guess that being visibly harder to play against and putting out full effort in preseason = proving himself is also an opinion.

Opinions that most people hold, and clearly the coaching and mgmt staff hold. One might almost say they are facts.

All I'm saying is the guy obviously wasn't referring to the part of the post you chose to reply to... and you previously said that the "fact" was that he scored, not any of the above.

I think your reply to me would've been better suited as one to him :)

5 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

All I'm saying is the guy obviously wasn't referring to the part of the post you chose to reply to... and you previously said that the "fact" was that he scored, not any of the above.

I think your reply to me would've been better suited as one to him :)

I'm not good at forumming

Image result for my passive aggressive is showing

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Canucks recall Darren Archibald and Brendan Gaunce

Archived