The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Locker room cancers

Me_

We hear a lot about players who have a reputation of being a “locker room cancer”.

From Kassian asking for a trade (cancer) to Gagner asking to play near his family (cancer), here is a place to compile a database of the locker room cancers of the hockey world past, present and future.

Who do you think are the biggest cancers in hockey?

EDIT:

This thread is not supposed to be about my opinion on Kassian or Gagner. Those two players have been deemed “cancer” players very recently in other threads.

This thread is supposed to be about your opinion on what makes a player a “cancer” and who those players are.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. 

I see nothing "cancerous" about simply asking for a trade or asking to play near your family. Both seem very reasonable.

Cancerous is bringing down your teammates emotionally, starting constant fights/arguments in the locker room, disrespecting coaching staff, etc.

AKA Sean Avery everywhere except with the Rangers.

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Gagner asking to play near his family

Gagner preferred to be playing in Vancouver.  It was the team that decided he wouldn't be playing here.

So what if he requested to play closer to home instead of Utica?  That doesn't make him a locker room cancer.

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Donald Brashear was one.  Not sure what it was, guys like Bertuzzi and Jovo really turned it around when he was gone.

Kassian I believe had work ethic issues and not really a bad locker room guy.

Patrick Sharp sleeping with Keiths wife or something.

Carter sleeping with Prongers wife.

Kesler sleeping with Schneiders wife and womanizing on the road.

Lindros and Brind'amour. 

Archived