• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Vanisleryan

[Discussion] Buy low on Pulijujarvi

If there was ever a time to buy low on this kid it could be now. Edmonton will be under a ton of pressure this year to succeed. He has been scratched 2 games in a row. One can wonder if reuniting him with a Joluevi might boost his confidence and give him a clean start. He could be had cheaper then one might think. Virtanen for Pulijujarvi could be worth considering...and I dont think that price is far off for Pulijujarvi at this point. Thoughts? 

• Upvote 2

I'd do Puljujarvi for Jake. He would be amazing on the wing with EP.  Oilers would want Juolevi... I'd be more reluctant to to that though.

• Upvote 1

2nd round pick for him, just like we did to get Sven??  After 100 games who knows if Edmonton would be down to move him prematurely.

Best offer IMO should be Pouliot, defensively deficient, plus we have several lefties who make him expendable.  

I like the idea - but he's still only 20 & 1/2. I think he'll still cost more than most expect.

And Edmonton will want something that helps them now, but is cheap salary-wise. They won't deal him for a pick/future. I think OP is right - Virtanen is probably the ask. It would be a risk, but I'd consider it. Of course JV is better now, but JP still has more upside. 

Edited by D-Money

Baer & Tanev(1 mill retained)  cap: about 6.8 mill AAV (until June 2020)

Poolparty & Sekeras.

Value is tough here. They get to turn Sekeras 5.5 mill(x3, & injured) into Tanev at 3.5(x 2 yrs).

Imagine we'd still have to add a pick..2nd..or 3rd???(attach performance conditions, & make the pick a 2020 one)

In this case, we'd let Edler walk at season's end. Risky, but I think Puljujarvi will bust out.

Dahlen - Petterson - Pulju

Virtanen - Horvat - Boeser

In a couple yrs, this could be deadly.

2 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

If there was ever a time to buy low on this kid it could be now. Edmonton will be under a ton of pressure this year to succeed. He has been scratched 2 games in a row. One can wonder if reuniting him with a Joluevi might boost his confidence and give him a clean start. He could be had cheaper then one might think. Virtanen for Pulijujarvi could be worth considering...and I dont think that price is far off for Pulijujarvi at this point. Thoughts? 

I like the idea of buying low... but if payment is Virtanen, I don't think it can be considered "buying low."

Puljujarvi for Leipsic + Gaunce? Edmonton would laugh at that proposal but that would be buying low.

Would a deal around Nylander for Puljujarvi and Russell work?

50 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Hard to see that..McD, Drai, Luc & Nylander(about 35 mill/4 fwds). Just can't see that working.

What happened to Puljujarvi? He was hyped as someone equal to Laine at one point. I mean sure as the year went there was a clear separation but still it seemed like Puljujarvi was going to be an impact player that would have a career like Laine. 

5 hours ago, sedinaliens2233 said:

I'd do Puljujarvi for Jake. He would be amazing on the wing with EP.  Oilers would want Juolevi... I'd be more reluctant to to that though.

They'll have to include a first for Juolevi.  Cost for passing on him and getting another forward.

• Like 1

Maybe he plays too much Fortnite.

2 hours ago, NHL'er said:

For one, Toronto laughs at that.

Secondly, Edmonton can't afford Nylander's upcoming extension.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

6 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

Although I like the idea of acquiring Pulijujarvi, Edmonton would be best served to hang onto their asset. Send him down to the AHL so he can learn how to play the North American game away from the spot light of Edmonton; unless the team has so little faith in there player development department. In that case sell him for a bag of pucks, fire the lot of them and start over

He’s waiver exempt. There’s no rush for them to move him. Especially at a low return. Edmonton should just send him down to get his confidence back. 

He's kinda in the same boat that Jake was/is.  He has potential (which is why you want him) but hasn't realized that potential yet.  For the very little return he would get, it's better just to hang onto him, ride it out, and hope for the best.

Besides that, Chiarelli has been made to look silly for most of the trades he's done so far. I'm not sure his career could handle it if JP ended up excelling somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

If there is one thing I have learned from the Oils decade of darkness, its when a guy is not good enough to play for them he is next to worthless.