The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Clay's Canucks Commentary - November 2018 (vlogs)

Canuck Clay

good insight on the team. i may be the only one, but i still don't see goldobin as pettersson's winger. i see dahlen being a better option, i don't think goldie is consistant enough yet. if dahlen moves along side elias and brock, where does goldie fit on this team. i know everyone is singing his praises and he is playing better but unless he can add either some toughness or a stronger defensive game, i think he is not the winger, elias needs. 

my godfather was a catholic priest. when i moved to smithers i went golfing and played a round with a stranger. man did he swear a lot, later on, i asked him what he did there? he said he was the priest of st. joseph church. i guess we all have short comings. i have a lot. 

good luck with your family and faith. cheers lad.

23 hours ago, smithers joe said:

good insight on the team. i may be the only one, but i still don't see goldobin as pettersson's winger. i see dahlen being a better option, i don't think goldie is consistant enough yet. if dahlen moves along side elias and brock, where does goldie fit on this team. i know everyone is singing his praises and he is playing better but unless he can add either some toughness or a stronger defensive game, i think he is not the winger, elias needs. 

my godfather was a catholic priest. when i moved to smithers i went golfing and played a round with a stranger. man did he swear a lot, later on, i asked him what he did there? he said he was the priest of st. joseph church. i guess we all have short comings. i have a lot. 

good luck with your family and faith. cheers lad.

Thanks for your reply and for watching these videos. I too am not sold on Goldy. Dahlen may be a long-term fit.

And that's hilarious about the priest!  Golfing can bring out the worst in all of us haha.

good observations again. one thing i noticed in the last two  game is, elias is looking more to pass  than to shoot. is that because, he is not getting fed the puck in good scoring areas or is he trying hard to be the playmaker? he has set up his team mates for goals quite often, but they are not capitalizing on them. 

i think back to young stars when elias was centering dahlen and lind. the 2 swedes were scoring. lind said to them, maybe now it is my turn. dahlen said, that's because your too nice, you keep passing the puck to us. i like how jake is playing, but he isn't really a playmaker.

the sedins did better with a guy like burrows, who did the heavy lifting but got the puck to them and then went to the front of the net. 

i still don't see the canucks making the playoffs, but as you say, they are in games, even if they are outplayed. 

the one thing i want to see, is our players, passing and receiving passes as well as most other teams do. so many of our passes go to icing calls or are easily intercepted. 

i see our defense playing much better than last year. 

i'm happy for louie, he gets so much muck. he is a garbage goal scorer but doesn't get in that position often. he is so good defensively, i find it hard not to like him. 

granlund and roussel have been playing well. and of course bo is a beast. 

pouliot has played well at times but struggles when pressured or put into situations where his handling of the puck is most critical. i'm surprised that he got the second most ice time after hutton. hurry back edler. 

elias, just needs boeser on his wing. i see him as the henrik and brock as the daniel. goldie isn't burrows. 

even with all their injured back, they will struggle in games. their try has always been there. there over all ability is just lower than other teams. 

Archived