The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could The Playoffs Be Possible and Is That A Good Thing Right Now?

TheGuardian_

Just now, EdgarM said:

SHUTDOWN for 7 games?

A "team game concept" involves EVERYONE playing their part. Penalty killers kill penalties, goalies prevent goals scored on them and point producers produce points. Do I have it right so far? So your beloved Sedins had no other responsibility but to score goals both 5 on 5 and on the #1 PP. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN!

They had 5 points between the 2 of them and even if they were just performing at normal standards they should have had around 14 points between them. Bure ,on the other hand, had 8 points in 94' by himself.

I don't hate them they are just not my favorite Canucks. If they brought us a Cup, they would be my heroes.::D

The whole team scored 8 goals Daniel lead the team with 4 points we had NO secondary scoring. 8 goals in 7 games is a TEAM scoring issue not a 2 player scoring issue. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

The whole team scored 8 goals Daniel lead the team with 4 points we had NO secondary scoring. 8 goals in 7 games is a TEAM scoring issue not a 2 player scoring issue. 

You are right we had no secondary scoring but you are ignoring the fact that we had no primary scoring either and that's all I am pointing out.

Just now, EdgarM said:

You are right we had no secondary scoring but you are ignoring the fact that we had no primary scoring either and that's all I am pointing out.

Secondary scoring actually spreads the ice to make way for primary scoring. That is why 1 line teams don't succeed see: Edmonton for the last decade. 

On 11/3/2018 at 4:09 PM, Canucks Curse said:

We need one more special player. We need demko, Hughes and OJ to reach their potential- SC contender in 3-4 seasons 

hopefully 1-2 of Palmu, jasek, Lind, gadjo, brisebois, chattefield become impact players 

You forgot Dahlen - he might be the best of the bunch

27 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

When an entire team stops scoring like that the blame falls, falls beyond just 2 players and it’s utter stupidity to think otherwise. 

24 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I love it when people with no understanding of a team game blame 1 or 2 players for a lack of team scoring. :lol:

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

So for those game that we were shutout, including the final, who on the team was responsible for those losses, Luongo?:rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wrong. And show me a post where I said that. I'll wait. 

You were saying that you cannot blame losses or lack of team scoring on 2 players.

So I asked you that when are team scores 0 goals, who do we blame then?

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Secondary scoring actually spreads the ice to make way for primary scoring. That is why 1 line teams don't succeed see: Edmonton for the last decade. 

OK, then explain how this helps your #1 PP? or how this would make this specialty team less effective? Edmonton's woes are NOT because they just have 1 scoring line are you kidding me?

I am of the one day at a time mentality.

Whatever will be will be.

On the one hand, I'd love these guys to get to the playoffs.  On the other, it could be shell shocking and that's when the goonery hits a new level.  I want the league to get a handle on some of it before unleashing the hounds on my team.  Let them kill each other off and then we'll win in due time.

I always hope for the playoffs, I've just come to think of them as a bit of a gong show.  LOVE watching them but we're team that gets NO help from the league.  So we're out there in a pit full of armed maniacs and we're allowed to bring...nothing.   Suspensions if you even dare to fight back.  Long ones.

If it was a level playing field, sure.  But it's not...it's a joke at times.  The fact that Marshrat is still playing is evidence of that.

I both love and hate the playoffs.   If they were fairly called I'd really love them.  I'd actually prefer whistles to be put away for the most part...survival of the fittest.  Fastest now too because those who can't keep up will (should) be left  behind.

But they'll continue to allow the lashing out by those who get frustrated when they don't have the upper hand.  Damned if you do/don't stuff.  Just as the Colorado Avaslash proved the other night.   It's open season for some.

Either way, I'm good.  I'm thoroughly enjoying what I'm seeing and hope it continues ... even if it's not by way of always winning, the level of compete and entertainment.  I'm good with that. and April is so far away.  Living in the here and now.

Just now, EdgarM said:

OK, then explain how this helps your #1 PP? or how this would make this specialty team less effective? Edmonton's woes are NOT because they just have 1 scoring line are you kidding me?

For the last decade they've had 1 scoring line sub par defense and poor goaltending. 

As for the Boston series you focus too much on the Sedin’s and not enough on the lack of support in secondary scoring. Also Hamhuis getting hurt did not help at all. 

On top of all that you completely ignore how good of a team Boston was Bergeron and Chara in their prime and both top shutdown players in the league. Tim Thomas playing the best hockey of his career. The Bruins were a great team that stayed healthy minus Horton. 

In short there is way more to it than your simplistic and utterly stupid the blame falls entirely on the Sedins whining. 

On 11/3/2018 at 1:04 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

That was a fluke, just about all the scouting reports had him ranked 23 to 26 so he was drafted in his ranking position. The scouts had it wrong, late round picks are not as impactful as top 3 to 7 picks, there is a lot less success the later the pick. There are "exceptions".

Boeser at the Canucks pick, a monkey could have done that he was just next the list.

If the draft was redone he would move up the list quite a bit but not likely into the top 7.

The top ten that year have been outstanding and most are already cornerstones on successful franchises.

McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Barzol, Rantanen, Provorov, Werenski,

Now drafting a guy like Tryamkin looks to be is a steal

You have very strong opinions on how NHL drafts work. Are you employed in any way in that type of work?  I know that I am not. I am very happy Benning runs the Canucks and that he and his scouting staff chose Boeser and EP.

Your opinions are a bit too strong if you are not a successful NHL scout and you really think you could do better lmao.  :wacko:

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

both love and hate the playoffs.   If they were fairly called I'd really love them.  I'd actually prefer whistles to be put away for the most part...survival of the fittest.  Fastest now too because those who can't keep up will (should) be left  behind.

This does not favo(u)r the most skilled team (for example see 2011).  

In general I agree with the theme of your comment ... we'll find out in the next few month if the playoffs are realistic or not but I love watching this team.  As long as EP, BB and Bo and least one of our two NHL goalies stay healthy we have chance.

Probably not, but as a long time tank member I have one foot outside the tank because he's just too damn good and I want to see him continue to rack up points and win the hart trophy! Another thing that hurts the tank is the west is just crap now. It's full of mediocre teams that the canucks can beat. Gone are the days of a dominant Chicago team or a bunch of elite teams in the west. Pettersson could lead us to the cup finals with how bad the west is! 

Archived