The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If The Canucks Made The Playoffs... Would The Sedin's Come Out of Retirement?

jptony604

1 hour ago, Tystick said:

Interesting how he worded that.

Seems to suggest that they at least considered the possibility.

Also insinuating that they didn't want to leave the team until some players could lead the way.

I really wanted them to win a cup but it's interesting that they don't seem to have any desire for one.

They keep impressing me even to this day.

I think it seems to suggest they anticipated some idiot reporter was going to ask them that so they were prepared with an answer.

6 hours ago, jptony604 said:

I for one sure hope something like this never happens on multiple levels. (but it doesn't have to do with the Sedins) 

I still think it would be best for the Canucks to miss one more year (at least) to build with another 10 top draft pick. (maybe even a lotto) Also trade some of our assets and get more high draft picks. With a playoff run none of that will happen unless management feels that they don't have a chance anyways and sell the farm. (One can dream) With Aqua man yeah right that would happen. 

But seeing Pettersson on the ice and how well all the young guns are playing... I just don't see us being complete bottom feeders this year.  We are wayyyyy to weak on defence and goal is just not even a question.

So with that said and we do end up squeezing in do you think the Sedin's pull a Fisher and come out of retirement for a year to help the kids in the playoffs?

It can be huge for Pettersson if they do... but would they?

Their names are not Sundin so NO ,or have you not followed that they retired which for them means not playing anymore?????

17 hours ago, Tystick said:

Interesting how he worded that.

Seems to suggest that they at least considered the possibility.

Also insinuating that they didn't want to leave the team until some players could lead the way.

I really wanted them to win a cup but it's interesting that they don't seem to have any desire for one.

They keep impressing me even to this day.

Seems you are drawing your own conclusions on that. Maybe they are just smart, ex-pro athletes. They knew they were never fleet of foot. I think its the realization there is no way to be competitive and keep up with young players today. They are just being realistic. It's great that they leave the game on their own terms. 

21 hours ago, jptony604 said:

I for one sure hope something like this never happens on multiple levels. (but it doesn't have to do with the Sedins) 

I still think it would be best for the Canucks to miss one more year (at least) to build with another 10 top draft pick. (maybe even a lotto) Also trade some of our assets and get more high draft picks. With a playoff run none of that will happen unless management feels that they don't have a chance anyways and sell the farm. (One can dream) With Aqua man yeah right that would happen. 

But seeing Pettersson on the ice and how well all the young guns are playing... I just don't see us being complete bottom feeders this year.  We are wayyyyy to weak on defence and goal is just not even a question.

So with that said and we do end up squeezing in do you think the Sedin's pull a Fisher and come out of retirement for a year to help the kids in the playoffs?

It can be huge for Pettersson if they do... but would they?

Apparently they will come back and help serve hot dogs in the stands during a playoff run...

Seeing how the Canucks are playing now, bringing the Sedins back will be a major step back.

Since the twins has been gone, it feel as if some aura has lifted.  For many years the Sedins were a threat on the ice.... where the oppositions were almost afraid of them.   But after 2011 and being served an extra large serving of humble pie.... it's like their aura of invincibility disappeared.  While great players, they were no longer feared.  It's almost like some defeatist curse has been placed on them.

But now since they're gone.... the Canucks now reminds me of the championship Blackhawks team... there's no fear in them and no mercy.  No goal differential is too much for them.... and they are more than willing to keep pressing regardless of what lead they have.  

Archived