The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Midterms Tuesday

DonLever

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I dunoo about you but that press conference was entertaining as hell. Not sure I would want my pm acting like that but I'm not American so I really enjoyed that. Reminded me of the Jerry Springer show.:lol:

Do you really think we enjoyed having this moron sitting in the sacred Oval Office and yet in the White House, tanning the presidential legacy....? Nope... 

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they took the House.... Trump can't force any legislation anymore. How is that not a big win?

i agree

and what more could they have done really ?

it would have been quite unbelievable had they captured the senate

the odds were really stacked against that happening

the worry about trump using dem control of the house

to ignite his base . . may be a bit of a reach

trump's base is old . and is shrinking -- they are dying people

he has to find new support

his current tactics have to be altered to achieve that

there was a huge turnout for the midterm election

maybe trump ignited his antibase as well?

that might come back to bite him in 2020

12 minutes ago, Crimson-JH said:

Do you really think we enjoyed having this moron sitting in the sacred Oval Office and yet in the White House, tanning the presidential legacy....? Nope... 

Like I said I wouldn't want my pm acting like that and because he is not my pm I had a good laugh and was entertained by that press conference. 

8 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i agree

and what more could they have done really ?

it would have been quite unbelievable had they captured the senate

the odds were really stacked against that happening

the worry about trump using dem control of the house

to ignite his base . . may be a bit of a reach

trump's base is old . and is shrinking -- they are dying people

he has to find new support

his current tactics have to be altered to achieve that

there was a huge turnout for the midterm election

maybe trump ignited his antibase as well?

that might come back to bite him in 2020

Trump will ignite anything and everything he can. The democrats just need to do their job and fight for the people that voted them in, and demonstrate a solid plan for 2020 and not worry about what Trump will use for tinder.

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Sure he can. Mueller can tell him he's not going anywhere and keep on truckin.

I think you're kidding, but just in case you aren't, Trump could remove all FBI investigators and pull Mueller's clearance which would lose him all of the documents he needs access to.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I think you're kidding, but just in case you aren't, Trump could remove all FBI investigators and pull Mueller's clearance which would lose him all of the documents he needs access to.

They will have to reject their dismissal and continue on. As will their replacements, and their replacements, as he cannot abolish the entire FBI

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Trump will ignite anything and everything he can. The democrats just need to do their job and fight for the people that voted them in, and demonstrate a solid plan for 2020 and not worry about what Trump will use for tinder.

Speaking of Tinder, I have it on good authority that this is the photo you see once you've swiped all the way to the very last page....

Related image

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The fact that the United States tracks employment and unemployment by race is an indication that racial barriers and lines in the sand still exist.

I totally agree with the statement that racism is an issue that plagues every race, not just Caucasians. I think the Trump administration is more concerned with stripping away the average American's rights regardless of skin pigmentation or facial structure. They are siphoning millions, if not billions, of dollars to the wealthy. However, seeing as how the majority of his base are uninformed, classless, jingoistic blue collar Caucasians, it's not remiss to think that he's intent on pandering to them whenever possible.  

Deplorables?    

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Nope. Uninformed, classless, jingoistic blue collar Caucasians. Some of his base are white collar, who elected him to ensure that they would pay even less taxes.

Hard to follow but it amazes me that anyone votes GOP or Trump given all these horrid things let alone to think that elections and seats are held/won.   Just means, or at least seems to be, the alternative must be pretty bad.   

Anyway, 1/2 of the US population are uninformed/classless/jingoistic blue collar Caucasians plus some white collar worker who want to pay less tax?    That is a lot of people into those demographics.    

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Sure must be a lot of 'em.  

Sure... there's a lot. Not more than opposed,  though

8 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He's got a scapegoat now though and can say "look, they're to blame to stuff not getting done".  

DrYA8ROX4AAmA69?format=jpg

Who needs voter suppression when you got good old gerrymandering...

How do you feel about that press conference today? 

10 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Waste of time.  They can't force the issue and all they'll end up doing is giving Trump ammunition to use to fire up his base to shop up at the polls in 2020.

Why on Earth would that fire anyone up? Do his supporters actually think they might find something in those returns that would land him in serious legal trouble?

Trump himself seems perfectly fine with the idea of handing them over, so where is the problem? Do his supporters think he is a lying crook who would incriminate himself because he doesn't know any better?

Archived