The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Midterms Tuesday

DonLever

12 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I honestly don't get people who don't vote, but choose to complain about their government. I believe only 114 million Americans voted yesterday. That leaves 208 million who didn't bother. They lead the world in voter apathy. 

Pretty sure that kids can't vote so think your number may be a bit high on the non-vote....unless I have it wrong and the US now has that many eligible voters.....didn't realize their population was that big I guess.

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Pretty sure that kids can't vote so think your number may be a bit high on the non-vote....unless I have it wrong and the US now has that many eligible voters.....didn't realize their population was that big I guess.

I caught myself a page or so back regarding the fact that kids can't vote, although based on how some adults act nowadays, letting children vote wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I caught myself a page or so back regarding the fact that kids can't vote, although based on how some adults act nowadays, letting children vote wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

Well, there is a kid as the POTUS so perhaps it would only be fair....

21 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

While there are certainly a large number of people who squander the right they’ve been given, writing off every non-voter as lazy and apathetic is a cop out.

I was talking about people that I work with, they do suffer from voter apathy.

11 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

They have about 235m eligible voters, about 75 million kids and several million felons. 

Archived