The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Midterms Tuesday

DonLever

Best proof that people vote along party lines is IL 3rd district.

Arthur Jones got 50k votes and he is a nazi, somehow he got on the GOP ballot.

I even got robocalls from the GOP saying “do not vote for him he is a nazi”

Despite that fact, 50k morons who had no idea who he was, voted for him.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

You gotta admit - Helps does some seriously stupid $&!#. Mind boggling really.

It's too bad nobody of with character bothered to run against her.. So I basically spoiled my ballot by voting for Saul.

I was actually thinking of Langford.  But since I was replying to a guy from Buffalo, I just referred to Victoria in the general sense.

Mayor Stew barely bothers to campaign.  The people of Langford are so happy with their council that it's not even really a contest.

The race in Victoria proper was much closer.  Helps got less than her closest two competitors.  If there had been fewer people running, there may have been a different outcome.

11 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I was actually thinking of Langford.  But since I was replying to a guy from Buffalo, I just referred to Victoria in the general sense.

Mayor Stew barely bothers to campaign.  The people of Langford are so happy with their council that it's not even really a contest.

The race in Victoria proper was much closer.  Helps got less than her closest two competitors.  If there had been fewer people running, there may have been a different outcome.

We would have needed a candidate of substance, considering Helps had the David Suzuki and Denise Savior(sp?) (NDP MP) endorsements.

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a lefty at heart, but Helps is a tool, and if anyone with an actual left leaning platform ran against her they may have got my vote.

I voted for Saul "the cabbie" because he's an admitted anarchist, and at the root if it all, I find municipal politics entirely useless and bull$&!# waste of my tax dollar, so tearing it all down would be just fine by me.

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Waste of time.  They can't force the issue and all they'll end up doing is giving Trump ammunition to use to fire up his base to shop up at the polls in 2020.

Expect Dotard re-elected 2020. If you can't score a big political win in the midterm against "the most divisive and dangerous" president in U.S. history, then that doesn't bode well for your party.. 

Faux News whining about Anti-Trump "media bias": :rolleyes:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/in-midterm-elections-anti-trump-media-bias-keeps-on-coming/ar-BBPrAAT?li=AAggNb9

The midterm elections Tuesday – in which Democrats captured majority control of the House but Republicans kept their majority in the Senate – came at the end of a campaign marked by continuing media bias against President Trump and other Republicans.

It’s been a grueling two years of negative media coverage of President Trump, including comparisons of him to fascist dictators Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini, claims that the president is insane, and CNN’s bizarre focus on a 25th Amendment solution to remove Trump from office.

Meanwhile, the author doesn't even mention the fact that Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro both appeared at a Trump rally in Missouri the day before the election:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/06/us/politics/trump-fox-news-hannity.html

As far as the election goes, I think both sides are probably disappointed that they didn't do better....and relieved that they didn't do worse.

folks seem a little disappointed, but this was a solid win for the dem's. During a booming economy they took back the house to put a real check on Trump. Thats a huge win if handled correctly and force concessions they can use to campaign on in 2020. 

Any sort of impeachment yap is just fodder for MSNBC, thats not going to happen unless Mueller has a real bombshell. 

51 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Expect Dotard re-elected 2020. If you can't score a big political win in the midterm against "the most divisive and dangerous" president in U.S. history, then that doesn't bode well for your party.. 

they took the House.... Trump can't force any legislation anymore. How is that not a big win?

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

folks seem a little disappointed, but this was a solid win for the dem's. During a booming economy they took back the house to put a real check on Trump. Thats a huge win if handled correctly and force concessions they can use to campaign on in 2020. 

Any sort of impeachment yap is just fodder for MSNBC, thats not going to happen unless Mueller has a real bombshell. 

Biggest disappointment for me was Kemp winning in Georgia, followed by Beto's loss and the fact that Gillum lost so badly.

Beto I'm okay with, because I want to see him take on Trump in 2020, (hopefully the Dems will realize there's no angle in nominating any of the fossils that the media keeps playing up) but Kemp has shown that lying and cheating works and I was hoping that Georgians were smarter than that.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they took the House.... Trump can't force any legislation anymore. How is that not a big win?

What is the criteria for a "big win", or "blue wave?" Because the consensus on CNN is that this was not a blue wave, as I expected it wouldn't be. And they also lost senate seats, so.. Kind of a two steps forward, one step back sort of deal.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think you're correct, in that TR was framing it as something of a loss when it's anything but. However, it isn't a "big" win. (and yes, people were hoping that the Dems would somehow take the Senate as well, while installing a few more Blue Governors in Red states)

If I had to characterize it is sporting terms, I'd call it a "shootout" win, or a last minute field goal, where the winner just barely covers....

BTW: 'Grats to Colorado for electing the first openly gay governor in US history. (They're probably installing the third bathroom in the Governor's mansion as we speak B)) First they legalize pot and now a gay Governor....don't they know they're in the midwest?

I could almost forgive them for the Divealanche.....almost.....

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

How big of a win it is depends on what the Dems do over the next 2 years and what happens in the next election. If the Dems mess up we could just see another big win for the red in 2 years which would not be good. 

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Biggest disappointment for me was Kemp winning in Georgia, followed by Beto's loss and the fact that Gillum lost so badly.

Beto I'm okay with, because I want to see him take on Trump in 2020, (hopefully the Dems will realize there's no angle in nominating any of the fossils that the media keeps playing up) but Kemp has shown that lying and cheating works and I was hoping that Georgians were smarter than that.

Georgians smart?:lol:

1 minute ago, aliboy said:

How big of a win it is depends on what the Dems do over the next 2 years and what happens in the next election. If the Dems mess up we could just see another big win for the red in 2 years which would not be good. 

Looks like there big idea is to request Trumps tax return. 

Seems more of the same for US politics where nothing will get done for average Americans and debt will grow to appease either side to get specific things passed.

11 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Best proof that people vote along party lines is IL 3rd district.

Arthur Jones got 50k votes and he is a nazi, somehow he got on the GOP ballot.

I even got robocalls from the GOP saying “do not vote for him he is a nazi”

Despite that fact, 50k morons who had no idea who he was, voted for him.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/11/07/politics/dennis-hof-brothel-nevada-state-assembly/index.html

Also a dead pimp won in Nevada

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Looks like there big idea is to request Trumps tax return. 

Seems more of the same for US politics where nothing will get done for average Americans and debt will grow to appease either side to get specific things passed.

They can also protect and advance the Russia probe and launch additional investigations, from what I understand there is a lot of ammunition for this that the house Republicans chose to ignore.

Archived