The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is There A Player Pettersson Can Be Compared To?

TheGuardian_

A smaller Jack Eichel. I know many don’t watch Eichel regularly but heat me out, Eichel he is a top offensize zone possession beast, too 5 skater, helped skinner to 12 goals (he had one by the 7th game before joining Eichel) and Evander kane has 16 goals with Eichel but only 3 without. Both made plays this week with a no look backhand pass on the boards with perfect accuracy and do so much away from the puck at high speed that only elite players can do. Pettersen has 17 Eichel has 19 and he’s made several plays that his linemates have fanned on emptrynhey tap ins and histting the post. If Eichel stays healthy which he hasn’t the last theee years due two two fluke injuries he could push for top five in scoring I think he will be top ten, I know most star players get tons of chances but it’s bananas how many he gets a hame. Despite being a playmaker he is 6th in shots. It’s not like a Mackinnon who has Rantanen and landrskog Eichel does this on his own but explodes even more when he got a finisher like skinner. Eichel avareaged a higher PPG then Matthews coming into this year -0.95>0.88, he even outscored Mackinnon in 16-17 and played two less months. He’s not only one of the most talented players in the league but only mcdavid has more skill in my eyes. It’s crazy he faces the best opposition each night with the harddest match ups and had produced pretty much PPG in the last 150 games on two sprained ankles which is an injury that lingers for months. But since he is an elite skater who excels with mobility and stride he was able to recover and never look bacoZ only an injury can slow Petterson or Eichel down and these guys are going to be top 5/-10 Centres. by next year alone. That’s why there play is so close. Eichel is just underreported by Canadian media that and the injuries and being apart of low scoring teams have been why you haven’t heard of him more.8 see so much raw offensive brilliance in so that I see in Eichel. To make matters better ever since becoming captain he’s become accountable and improved his backechecking using tons too speed so his defensive work as well! Is Night and days to years previous and we all know how well EP is from a 200 foot game standpoint!

I also think can be a a prime datusuk though too.

Huge compliments to EP40! Two of my favourite players now Eichel and Petterson both guys are wroth the price of admission more then any other players I can think of at the moment not named mcdavid.

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

A smaller Jack Eichel. I know many don’t watch Eichel regularly but heat me out, Eichel he is a top offensize zone possession beast, too 5 skater, helped skinner to 12 goals (he had one by the 7th game before joining Eichel) and Evander kane has 16 goals with Eichel but only 3 without. Both made plays this week with a no look backhand pass on the boards with perfect accuracy and do so much away from the puck at high speed that only elite players can do. Pettersen has 17 Eichel has 19 and he’s made several plays that his linemates have fanned on emptrynhey tap ins and histting the post. If Eichel stays healthy which he hasn’t the last theee years due two two fluke injuries he could push for top five in scoring I think he will be top ten, I know most star players get tons of chances but it’s bananas how many he gets a hame. Despite being a playmaker he is 6th in shots. It’s not like a Mackinnon who has Rantanen and landrskog Eichel does this on his own but explodes even more when he got a finisher like skinner. Eichel avareaged a higher PPG then Matthews coming into this year -0.95>0.88, he even outscored Mackinnon in 16-17 and played two less months. He’s not only one of the most talented players in the league but only mcdavid has more skill in my eyes. It’s crazy he faces the best opposition each night with the harddest match ups and had produced pretty much PPG in the last 150 games on two sprained ankles which is an injury that lingers for months. But since he is an elite skater who excels with mobility and stride he was able to recover and never look bacoZ only an injury can slow Petterson or Eichel down and these guys are going to be top 5/-10 Centres. by next year alone. That’s why there play is so close. Eichel is just underreported by Canadian media that and the injuries and being apart of low scoring teams have been why you haven’t heard of him more.8 see so much raw offensive brilliance in so that I see in Eichel. To make matters better ever since becoming captain he’s become accountable and improved his backechecking using tons too speed so his defensive work as well! Is Night and days to years previous and we all know how well EP is from a 200 foot game standpoint!

I also think can be a a prime datusuk though too.

Huge compliments to EP40! Two of my favourite players now Eichel and Petterson both guys are wroth the price of admission more then any other players I can think of at the moment not named mcdavid.

Eichel has the edge in physicality... he can shield the puck and hold off defensemen... but Elias has the edge with his shot.  Both stickhandle and pass very well.

11 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Eichel has the edge in physicality... he can shield the puck and hold off defensemen... but Elias has the edge with his shot.  Both stickhandle and pass very well.

That’s the thing Eichels shot is so underrated too, but Pettersen s is better no questions asked. EP has a godly release and accuracy. it’s amazing how Eichel so shoots much but doesent score. (Though despite injuries has never had less then 24 in the last three seasons)  Whether it’s a wrist shot (YouTube ot winner vs Nashville skating by whole team then beating Rinne top shelf with a beautiful wrister) and Eichels slap/snapper is amaing too he just doesent donit enough in the right spots.I mean  sixth in shots but doesent shoot at the right time and let’s his linemates get the shot for some reason. eichels strides and turning on a dime is what makes his skating best strides in the league. Speed? He finished only behind point and mcdavid by not even a second at all star game and ahead of Mackinnon but I’d argue Mackinnon and Larkin are faster it’s judt Eichel did so well cause of he stride around the net.

skinner was a figure skater and never had an elite number one center while Eichels never had a legit sniper like skinner on the wing so the combination between the two is such gravy. 30 pts in just eleven games since being put together. If they together and healthy there’s 66 games left, they are on pace to combine for nearly 200 pt. lol won’t hallen but I wouldn’t count Eichel out hitting 90 or skinner hitting f 40.

if Petterson stays healthy with Boeser I could see Petterson with 80 plus and bo with 35-49 too similar 

7 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Bobby Orr if Bobby was a forward.

Funny.  Orr would have challenged Gretzky for most points in a season playing forward, and was also a physical force, Gretzky and Howe put together with Bure speed (before his knees gave out).   Esposito won two Hart’s, and a pile of Art Ross....but not all of them, don’t think we will ever see another defenseman win the Art Ross.  His skating and stickhandling was so beyond his peers on the PK once he got the puck he’d skate around with it until it was over playing keep away.   He was so good he’s the only player that can challenge and create debate on who was the best player ever with Gretzky as his opponent.   You were probably being sarcastic but just in case ha ha.

On 05/11/2018 at 4:48 PM, Tomatoes11 said:

I think the closest is probably Sakic or Sundin. 

Datsuyk is more of a puck controller like forsberg. Petterssen can’t protect the puck as well as Datsuyk or Forsberg but he seems like he doesn’t need to. You can get the puck off of him or get him to relinquish possession but the puck usually ends up in the back of the net when he does relinquish control. He orchestrates something somehow. 

He really is quite unique.

There's something that can be worked on is puck possession so i don't see that being much of a problem soon and i see him beefing up a bit as well which can help with that too.

On 05/11/2018 at 5:22 PM, 189lb enforcers? said:

Alex Mogilny.

Those who knew Mogilny’s game well, will immediately see the parallels in their game. EP might not have the same speed, but he has the moves and the shot. Mogilny was also a terrific playmaker, for those of us who only remember his goals. 

Pat LaFontaine is as close of a comparison as makes no difference as well.

Either Mogilny or LaFontaine is how I’d describe EP’s game, which is really saying something. I wish this kid all the best in having a long, healthy career. 

Almo? Sure i can see that in him..

Archived