The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duchene, Senators Players trash team, coach in Uber

HerrDrFunk

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oops. Someone’s getting bag-skated tomorrow.

:lol::lol:

Duchene was the one who said "I haven't paid attention in three weeks".

I can definitely see why Colorado started doing well once his ass was gone

There’s going to be a serious team/coaches meeting following this. Discussions like this (ie: ripping coaches) happens all the time, especially when things aren’t going well. But obviously this will be treated differently, as it was made public, which it never should have.

Not that it was good for the players to say those things about the coaches, but consent was not given from the players to the uber driver to make that video public.  IMO the driver and the Ottawa Citizen to even release such information is such a cash grab situation, and honestly they are in the wrong here.

Players should be more aware what they say in public spheres but its a legal issue when you make information public without someone's consent, which is in fact an invasion of privacy.

The driver will be lucky if he doesn't receive a lawsuit out of this.

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

There’s going to be a serious team/coaches meeting following this. Discussions like this (ie: ripping coaches) happens all the time, especially when things aren’t going well. But obviously this will be treated differently, as it was made public, which it never should have.

I don’t blame the driver for leaking the tape. I blame the players for treating him like a deaf mute servant who wouldn’t talk about it.

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not that it was good for the players to say those things about the coaches, but consent was not given from the players to the uber driver to make that video public.  IMO the driver and the Ottawa Citizen to even release such information is such a cash grab situation, and honestly they are in the wrong here.

Players should be more aware what they say in public spheres but its a legal issue when you make information public without someone's consent, which is in fact an invasion of privacy.

The driver will be lucky if he doesn't receive a lawsuit out of this.

How would he get sued? Arizona isn’t a two party recording state. Spout your mouth off in front of a rando, be prepared for consequences.

Also, reverse the situation.

Say a Cdn franchise(doesn't include Hogtown, USA), had the 1st r pick of a US franchise that was spiralling the loo. I bet this kind of vid would be squelched before seeing the light of day..IF a Yank franchise were ever to be damaged.

NHL HQ's in the USS of A REALLLY like funneling these top-4 ELC stars down to their 'privileged' markets.

Melnyk will shut up & idiotically play ball, provided he gets his new bldg.

31 minutes ago, Monty said:

"I haven't paid attention in 3 weeks"

The rest could probably get swept under the rug but that one line is really bad. That's a horrible look for Duchene. I also agree it should have never been made public, what a dick move by the Uber driver.

So...the Sens gave up in one year Nov to Nov

Turris

1st 2019 non protected

3rd 2019

Bowers

Hammon

Phaneuf

DiDomenico

Brassard

Dunn

2018 3rd

Shore

KARLSSON

And have essentially traded half of those players they received in return nd will watch that cancer Duchene walk as a UFA to some sunny US market where he doesn't care come July.

Milbury is laughing somewhere in to the arms of Doug Maclean and Garth Snow about how the debate for who the worse GM was is now settled

4 minutes ago, Xbox said:

"I haven't paid attention in 3 weeks"

The rest could probably get swept under the rug but that one line is really bad. That's a horrible look for Duchene. I also agree it should have never been made public, what a dick move by the Uber driver.

Duchene is traded quickly, or he should be.  

35 minutes ago, Monty said:

This sort of chatting does indeed happen all the time but having it leak from the room is brutal.   Worse, a "leader" player like MD to say things like he has "tuned out" the coaching staff only a month into the season of his pending UFA year shows an incredible lack of leading by example and probably will end up costing him millions in any deal - NO team wants that sort of character.   Sure guys like Horvat probably were less than happy at Willie and now at Green but my guess he keeps it to himself or rants to one or two others on the team in very closed quarters but I doubt for a nanosecond the words "stopped paying attention" ever leaked from his lips.

Bad look for the players involved.   Bad look for the Senators.   Bad in very many ways (also, why do some people treat cab/Uber drivers like non-human entities that you can be an idiot in front of? ).

If things were looking a tad brighter in Ottawa due to a decent start, they just returned to as bad as ever.   PLEASE to the three teams I like, Canucks, Canes and Cats - DO NOT sign or trade for MD.

Lol, not a good look for Duchene at all and the fact Formenton was there, not the best influences for a young kid trying to break into the league. 

Im sure this happens often behind closed doors but this can’t be a good look for an organization that keeps ending up in th media for all the wrong reasons. 

Archived