The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duchene, Senators Players trash team, coach in Uber

HerrDrFunk

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Duchene is traded quickly, or he should be.  

I wonder if they'll suspend him.

Before this came out there's been rumours going around of a Duchene extension. Doesn't sound like he has any interest in staying there at all.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not that it was good for the players to say those things about the coaches, but consent was not given from the players to the uber driver to make that video public.  IMO the driver and the Ottawa Citizen to even release such information is such a cash grab situation, and honestly they are in the wrong here.

Players should be more aware what they say in public spheres but its a legal issue when you make information public without someone's consent, which is in fact an invasion of privacy.

The driver will be lucky if he doesn't receive a lawsuit out of this.

I agree completely

48 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

This sort of chatting does indeed happen all the time but having it leak from the room is brutal.   Worse, a "leader" player like MD to say things like he has "tuned out" the coaching staff only a month into the season of his pending UFA year shows an incredible lack of leading by example and probably will end up costing him millions in any deal - NO team wants that sort of character.   Sure guys like Horvat probably were less than happy at Willie and now at Green but my guess he keeps it to himself or rants to one or two others on the team in very closed quarters but I doubt for a nanosecond the words "stopped paying attention" ever leaked from his lips.

Bad look for the players involved.   Bad look for the Senators.   Bad in very many ways (also, why do some people treat cab/Uber drivers like non-human entities that you can be an idiot in front of? ).

If things were looking a tad brighter in Ottawa due to a decent start, they just returned to as bad as ever.   PLEASE to the three teams I like, Canucks, Canes and Cats - DO NOT sign or trade for MD.

I'm curious: as someone who played hockey at a high level, did you ever get any kind of PR training? 

3 minutes ago, Stelar said:

If you think every other team doesn’t have moments/players like this you are wrong. Unfortunate it got out but I am sure this is quite common talk amongst players. 

Oh, I have no doubt similar things get said all the time. Hell, I'm sure players on the Canucks' roster have said things along those lines about coaching/management at one time or another, but damn, don't be saying that in front of some dude who happens to be your driver at the moment.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, I have no doubt similar things get said all the time. Hell, I'm sure players on the Canucks' roster have said things along those lines about coaching/management at one time or another, but damn, don't be saying that in front of some dude who happens to be your driver at the moment.

Agreed, sure hope the waitress who was working our table last night wasn’t recording while we were talking about how our men’s league goalie $&!# the bed in our game last night. 

Archived