The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duchene, Senators Players trash team, coach in Uber

HerrDrFunk

6 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Baffling levels of unprofessional conduct from semi-famous people are news.

Don't think its really fair to call them unprofessional though. They're a couple buddies venting to each other about work outside of the workplace and as far as they knew, they weren't going to have the conversation secretly recorded and posted. I'm sure everyone in this thread is guilty of ranting about their employer to their buddies at some point, which is perfectly fine at the right time and place. The Uber driver just decided to be a prick and made the players' private conversation public.

1 minute ago, Butters Stoch said:

Don't think its really fair to call them unprofessional though. They're a couple buddies venting to each other about work outside of the workplace and as far as they knew, they weren't going to have the conversation secretly recorded and posted. I'm sure everyone in this thread is guilty of ranting about their employer to their buddies at some point, which is perfectly fine at the right time and place. The Uber driver just decided to be a prick and made the players' private conversation public.

Bitching about work with your friends or coworkers is human nature. When you decide to do it in front of an outsider though, and you have a level of fame involved, then it’s unprofessional.

9 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Bitching about work with your friends or coworkers is human nature. When you decide to do it in front of an outsider though, and you have a level of fame involved, then it’s unprofessional.

To be fair, if I were talking  hockey in Phoenix, I'd also assume that everyone around me had no idea what I was talking about. 

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

If you think every other team doesn’t have moments/players like this you are wrong. Unfortunate it got out but I am sure this is quite common talk amongst players. Especially when you are not playing well.  

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, I have no doubt similar things get said all the time. Hell, I'm sure players on the Canucks' roster have said things along those lines about coaching/management at one time or another, but damn, don't be saying that in front of some dude who happens to be your driver at the moment.

44 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

they do have a point if coaches arent doing anything good  maybe they should get called out  

39 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

People bad mouth their bosses all the time. They are human beings after all.

I smell a lawsuit.

And Douche-ne lol... just lol

Personally, I thought the complaints were pretty mild. When things are not going well, you expect players, workers, students, whatever to complain about coaches, bosses, teachers, etc. I have heard a lot worse -- and read a lot worse on CDC of course.

And, frankly, I have some sympathy for the players if they are expected to watch film for long periods of time but are not getting helpful comments from the coaches.

Anyway, to me it was just a few guys blowing off steam.

I agree that I would not expect guys like the Sedins, Horvat, Pettersson, etc. to talk like this, But I can think of plenty of guys who would.

Trading Duchene would be a huge and stupid over-reaction.

Archived