The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Nov. 06, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

Seriously, why are shootouts still a thing? 

They ruin the excitement of 3 v 3 OT. They belong in all-star games. That’s it. I’m not saying this because we lost, it’s because it is true.

Canucks let this one slip away. We played an excellent first half, but really laid back and allowed the Wings back in. 

Had some chances in OT, hit a few posts as well. 

Oh well, can’t win em all. On to the next!

25 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

dahlen has history with ep40

and i think ep40 will ensure that dahlen gets opportunities

and do whatever he can to spur his transition

not sure anyone else has that connection with ep40

time to start doing whatever it takes to maximize ep40's game

brock appears a bit too fragile presently to count on him playing for 10 to 20 game stretches

no one else really "gets" ep40 well enough on the ice to keep up with his level of play

time to address this

the team is close by utica now and it is easy to do this call up and test it out

I hate to be one of "those guys". But I cannot even read your posts when you type them like they are poetry. No one talks like that. No one writes like that.

No...I am not the grammer or writing police. Just saying. I know there are others that think like I do. Letting you know in case you don't. And if you do know people don't read your posts because they are written in a comical fashion and you just don't care....well then good on you. I won't bring it up again and if you don't care I get that.

1 minute ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Seriously, why are shootouts still a thing? 

They ruin the excitement of 3 v 3 OT. They belong in all-star games. That’s it. I’m not saying this because we lost, it’s because it is true.

Canucks let this one slip away. We played an excellent first half, but really laid back and allowed the Wings back in. 

Had some chances in OT, hit a few posts as well. 

Oh well, can’t win em all. On to the next!

Totally agree, I’ve hated the shootout since day 1 that the NHL added it. I’ve hated it in international hockey as well, and don’t think hockey games should be decided on an individual skills comp.

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I hate to be one of "those guys". But I cannot even read your posts when you type them like they are poetry. No one talks like that. No one writes like that.

No...I am not the grammer or writing police. Just saying. I know there are others that think like I do. Letting you know in case you don't. And if you do know people don't read your posts because they are written in a comical fashion and you just don't care....well then good on you. I won't bring it up again and if you don't care I get that.

feel free to put me on ignore

:P

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

I wanna see Petey with better linemates.

When Bear cheese is back.

Line 1 Baertchi-Petersson-Boeser

Line 2 Goldobin-Horvat-Granlund/Gaudette

OK, everyone is dumping on Goldobin....here

The fact is, he is not a driver......Pettersson and Boeser are, and that is OK when every one is healthy......way too easy to key on Pettersson right now (As word gets out)

Once Boeser is back Goldobin will look better...…..but he is only holding the seat, it is not his

Baertschi needs to get back to help Bo, and although not a driver, he compliments BO, well

This is why I say, we are not ready to move up...we are still short pieces and it shows

46 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

We are pretty limited  with winger choices - so until we have players coming back off injury we get what we get.Count your blessing there is no Megna and no Chaput

As nice of a thought that is, they're not much weaker than Virt and Schaller haha. Virt has a better shot but Schaller has absolutely no finish. At least Chaput pitched in the odd gimme. 

15 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Why did you make 2 paragraphs and dots after the NO, with no exclamation mark?

God! People hate that! :ph34r:

Archived